|A Shout to the skies, a cry to the clouds, that awakens the destructive force of Skyrim's lightning.|
|Recharge||300, 480, 600|
High Gate Ruins
- Main article: Dragon Shouts
The Storm Call shout creates a heavy downpour, accompanied by a fierce thunderstorm directly above the Dragonborn that throws powerful bolts of lightning down upon anyone underneath, friend and foe alike. Take care when using this Shout, as it will hit and most likely kill citizens, friendly NPCs and followers if used in a town. In addition, the Shout can only be used outside.
- Due to the nature of the Shout attacking both hostile and friendly NPCs, it's recommended to only use this Shout when travelling alone, in an environment full of hostile NPCs. Friendly NPCs, such as hold guards, will sometimes turn hostile when in contact with the shout, even if the shout initially was not directed at them.
- Alduin uses a variation of this Shout at the beginning of the game to destroy Helgen, in the first battle against Alduin atop the Throat of the World, and again during the fight with him at the Throat of the World and lastly in Sovngarde. Instead of a Lightning storm however, he summons a Meteor shower.
- Through use of the console command "psb" on the PC version, the player can access this unavailable Shout, along with several other "Dragon" variations of other shouts.
- At a recharge time of 10 minutes (when using all three words of the Shout), this Shout has by far the longest cooldown period.
- If you skip the word wall for this at the Skuldafn ruins, you can never get it again, as you can only visit Skuldafn once.
- This shout and the Throw Voice shout are the only shouts to have every word wall dungeon inhabited with a dragon priest.
- Although Blackreach is underground, Storm Call still works inside.
- Alduin's version of the Storm Call works inside any building.
Locations: Forelhost, High Gate Ruins, and Skuldafn
|ahRK OND DRey SahROT|
HeiMVERLUND MeyZ NOL HEVNO
BROM MED STRUN DO UZNahGaaR
NahKRiiN NOL SOVNGARDE NIMaaR
|And lo did mighty|
Heimverlund come from the brutal
north, like a storm of unbridled
vengeance from Sovngarde itself.
|HET Mah HROTHMAR Bah GROHiiK|
DO BRUNiiK PINDaaR aaL OK SIL
ROVaaN SOVNGARDE MahFAERaaK
|Here fell Hrothmar, Wrath Wolf,|
from (the) savage plains; may his soul
wander Sovngarde forever.
|QETHSEGOL VahRUKIV SahSUNaaR|
DO DANiiK VUNDEHeiM AG
NahLaaS NaaL QO DO
|(This) stone commemorates (the) villagers|
of doomed Vundeheim, burned
alive by (the) Lightning of
- When Vokun is dead in the High Gate Ruins, the word wall may not work.
- If you use the shout outside as you normally would and then enter an instance with no roof (such as Bloated Man's Grotto), there will be no rain inside even though you can see the sky.
| Animal Allegiance • Aura Whisper • Become Ethereal • Call Dragon • Call of Valor • Clear Skies • Disarm • Dismay |
Dragonrend • Elemental Fury • Fire Breath • Frost Breath • Ice Form • Kyne's Peace • Marked For Death • Slow Time
Storm Call • Throw Voice • Unrelenting Force • Whirlwind Sprint
|Drain Vitality • Soul Tear • Summon Durnehviir|
|Battle Fury • Bend Will • Cyclone • Dragon Aspect|
|Amulet of Talos • Dragon Alphabet • Dragon Language • Shrine of Talos • Tongues • Word Wall|