Storm Call is a dragon shout in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
The Storm Call shout creates a heavy downpour, accompanied by a fierce thunderstorm directly above the Dragonborn that throws powerful bolts of lightning down upon anyone underneath, friend and foe alike.
This Shout will hit and most likely kill citizens, friendly characters and followers if used in a town, which will incur a massive bounty (if in a large city, up to 20,000 ). In addition, the Shout can only be used outside.
- 1 Word: 60 seconds of heavy downpour and thunderbolts, each dealing 40 damage that hits randomly every 3–6 seconds. Range: around 100 feet.
- 2 Words: 120 seconds of heavy downpour and thunderbolts, each dealing 60 damage that hit randomly every 3–6 seconds. Range: around 100 feet.
- 3 Words: 180 seconds of heavy downpour and thunderbolts, each dealing 80 damage that hit randomly every 3–6 seconds. Range: around 150 feet.
Locations: Forelhost, High Gate Ruins, and Skuldafn
|ahRK OND DRey SahROT|
HeiMVERLUND MeyZ NOL HEVNO
BROM MED STRUN DO UZNahGaaR
NahKRiiN NOL SOVNGARDE NIMaaR
|And lo did mighty|
Heimverlund come from the brutal
north, like a storm of unbridled
vengeance from Sovngarde itself.
|HET Mah HROTHMAR Bah GROHiiK|
DO BRUNiiK PINDaaR aaL OK SIL
ROVaaN SOVNGARDE MahFAERaaK
|Here fell Hrothmar, Wrath Wolf,|
from (the) savage plains; may his soul
wander Sovngarde forever.
|QETHSEGOL VahRUKIV SahSUNaaR|
DO DANiiK VUNDEHeiM AG
NahLaaS NaaL QO DO
|(This) stone commemorates (the) villagers|
of doomed Vundeheim, burned
alive by (the) Lightning of
- Friendly NPCs, such as Hold Guards, will sometimes turn hostile when in contact with the shout, even if the shout initially was not directed at them, due to the nature of the Shout attacking both hostile and friendly NPCs.
- Alduin uses a variation of this Shout at the beginning of the game to destroy Helgen, in the first battle against Alduin atop the Throat of the World, and again in Sovngarde. Instead of a lightning storm, however, he summons a meteor shower. Through use of the console command
psbon the PC version, the Dragonborn can access this unavailable Shout, along with several other "Dragon" variations of other Shouts.
- The word wall for "Strun" was first displayed at Bethesda's booth at E3 2011. It is also the same word wall that the Skyrim Collector's Edition Alduin Statue features Alduin sitting atop. This can also be seen in a loading screen.
- This may be a reference to the aforementioned unique shout he uses in-game being a variation of the Storm Call shout. It may also be a reference that "Heimverlund" is another name for Alduin who journeyed from Atmora ("the brutal north") to Skyrim, due to the word wall for "Strun" being found in Skuldafn, his base of operations, and where he jealously guards the portal to Sovngarde with the help of Nahkriin ("Vengeance").
- At a recharge time of ten minutes (when using all three words of the Shout), this Shout has by far the longest cooldown period.
- If the word wall at the Skuldafn ruins is skipped, it is impossible to get it again, since Skuldafn can only be visited once. For PC users, however, it can still be accessed via console commands.
- This shout and the Throw Voice shout are the only shouts to have every word wall dungeon guarded by a Dragon Priest.
- Although Blackreach is underground, Storm Call still works inside it (unlike other places).
- Alduin's version of the Storm Call shout works inside any building.
- The shout can be stopped by using Clear Skies.
- This shout can be used in Apocrypha and the Soul Cairn.
- This shout is one of the most challenging to obtain as all three words are located in the lairs of Dragon Priests.
- This shout is the attack audio of Greybeard Mentor from the Heroes of Skyrim expansion for The Elder Scrolls: Legends.
This section contains bugs related to Storm Call. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- When Vokun is dead in the High Gate Ruins, the word wall may not work.
- If the Dragonborn uses the shout outside as normal, then enter a location with no roof (such as Bloated Man's Grotto), there will be no rain inside even though the sky is visible.
- When using the Storm Call shout inside the boneyardDG, the rain may stop but the lighting may not cease even after the allotted time period for the storm has passed.
- The Clear Skies shout may fix this.
| Animal Allegiance • Aura Whisper • Become Ethereal • Call Dragon • Call of Valor • Clear Skies • Disarm • Dismay|
Dragonrend • Elemental Fury • Fire Breath • Frost Breath • Ice Form • Kyne's Peace • Marked for Death • Slow Time
Storm Call • Throw Voice • Unrelenting Force • Whirlwind Sprint
|Drain Vitality • Soul Tear • Summon Durnehviir|
|Battle Fury • Bend Will • Cyclone • Dragon Aspect|
|Amulet of Talos • Dragon Alphabet • Dragon Language • Shrine of Talos • Tongues • Word Wall|