Stormcloak Commanders are found in all Stormcloak camps around Skyrim and in the Jarl's Palace of any Stormcloak territories.
- Istar Cairn-Breaker (Haafingar)
- Yrsarald Thrice-Pierced (Eastmarch)
- Hjornskar Head-Smasher (Whiterun Hold)
- Gonnar Oath-Giver (The Rift)
- Kottir Red-Shoal (The Reach)
- Arrald Frozen-Heart (Hjaalmarch)
- Kai Wet-Pommel (Winterhold Hold)
- Frorkmar Banner-Torn (The Pale)
- Thorygg Sun-Killer (Falkreath Hold)
Stormcloak Commanders wear the Stormcloak Officer Armor set.
How does one join the Stormcloaks? "Ulfric's not running a social club. You don't join anything. Either you're a true son of Skyrim, or you're not. If you are, then you make your way to Windhelm and talk to the man himself. If you're not, well friend, you'd best walk away before this gets ugly."
Why are you called Stormcloaks? "At first they called us that to belittle our cause. But we gladly accepted being named for Ulfric Stormcloak, the only true High King of Skyrim. We are the true sons and daughters of Skyrim, and Ulfric... he's the truest of us all. We fight to make our land great once more, to raise up strong, noble thanes, and lay down false Jarls and the cowards who hide behind them. The sound of our fury is a storm about to break on the head of our enemies. Our friendship, a cloak of true brotherhood for all who would wear it."
How do you feel about this war? "Skyrim is the birthplace of humanity. The birthplace of honor. And those snowbacked Imperials renounced both when they laid down before the Thalmor. Worse still, to pay for the privilege to keep his throne, the Emperor sells Skyrim and our very gods - Talos, no less! - to the damn elves. And what did Torygg do? He and the Jarls that supported him? They took the Emperor's gold. Sold out their people for a slave master's "peace treaty." Ulfric did right killing him. Soon we'll rid Skyrim of elves, their bloody Justiciars, and the Jarls in their pockets. The whole damn lot of them. And we'll cleave through the Legion to get to them."
- All Stormcloak Officers are marked as essential, and therefore cannot be killed even if the player has completed the civil war with the Empire.