- A full set of Stormcloak officer armor is given to the Dragonborn by Ulfric Stormcloak after completing "The Battle for Fort Snowhawk" quest during the Civil War questline.
- Join the Imperial Legion and during the Battle for Whiterun loot it off a Stormcloak Officer.
- Complete contracts for the Night Mother after Hail Sithis!. One contract obtained is to kill a barbarian woman who is usually wearing this armor.
- Available from Captain Valmir outside Forelhost if the Dragonborn has sided with the Stormcloaks during the civil war. He will alternately wear the uniform of an Imperial Officer if the Imperial side has been chosen.
The Stormcloak Officer Armor can be upgraded at a workbench with Leather. However, it does not benefit from any smithing perks. This means the armor cannot be improved past flawless quality without boosting the Smithing skill over 100. This can be achieved by using enchanted items and/or blacksmithing potions to Fortify Smithing.
- Hold Guards will comment and say "Armor of the bear, fine choice my friend".
- It can be duplicated on mannequin.
- Galmar Stone-Fist also wears this armor, yet it cannot be stolen.