- A full set of Stormcloak Officer Armor is given to the Dragonborn by Ulfric Stormcloak after completing The Battle for Fort Snowhawk quest during the Civil War questline.
- Join the Imperial Legion during the Battle for Whiterun and looting it off a Stormcloak Officer.
- Complete contracts for the Night Mother after Hail Sithis!. One contract obtained is to kill a barbarian woman who is usually wearing this armor.
- These can also be found during the "Siege on the Dragon Cult" quest. Captain Valmir wears a pair, so they can be stolen from him before or after the quest. Alternatively, the Dragonborn can kill him for the bracers (best if done in stealth kill or in werewolf form in order to avoid acquiring a bounty). This will not cause the quest to fail and the mask can still be obtained.
- Residents in Orc Strongholds will sometimes wear these. The armor can be stolen from them if the Dragonborn's pickpocket skill is high enough and they have the Perfect Touch perk. Alternatively, some of the residents can be killed for them, but a bounty will be placed if the act is witnessed.
The Stormcloak Officer Bracers can be upgraded at a workbench with Leather; however, they do not benefit from any Smithing perks. This means the armor cannot be improved past flawless quality without boosting the Smithing skill over 100. This can be achieved by using enchanted items and/or blacksmithing potions to fortify Smithing.