- A full set of Stormcloak officer armor is given to the Dragonborn by Ulfric Stormcloak after completing the "The Battle for Fort Sungard" or "The Battle for Fort Greenwall."
- Joining the Imperial Legion will eventually lead to the Battle for Whiterun, where the Dragonborn can loot it off multiple Stormcloak Officers.
- Completing contracts for the Night Mother after the completion of "Hail Sithis!." One contract obtained is to kill a barbarian woman who is usually wearing this armor.
- Murbul of Dushnikh Yal wears this helmet.
- Can be found during the "Siege on the Dragon Cult" quest. Captain Valmir wears it, but only if during "Unbound" the Dragonborn follows Ralof. It can be stolen from him before or after the quest.
- Alternatively, the Dragonborn can kill him for the helmet (best if done in stealth kill or in werewolf form in order to avoid acquiring a bounty). This will not cause the quest to fail and the quest-related mask can still be obtained.
The Stormcloak Officer helmet can be upgraded at a workbench with leather. However, it does not benefit from any Smithing perks. This means the armor cannot be improved past flawless quality without boosting the Smithing skill over 100. This can be achieved by using enchanted items and/or blacksmithing potions to Fortify Smithing.
This section contains bugs related to Stormcloak Officer Helmet. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- mannequin, it will not visually appear, however upon looking in the mannequin's inventory it is listed as equipped. When attempting to place Stormcloak Officer Armor on a