| Have an image that helps illustrate this quest?|
Then please upload it!
For more information please consult our image policies
|Quest Giver||Dondos Driler|
|Location||Balmora, Odai Plateau, Rethan Manor, Ebonheart, Vivec City, Shurdan-Raplay Egg Mine, Gnisis, Sadrith Mora, Tel Aruhn, Moonmoth Legion Fort, Zainsipilu|
- Quest Giver: Dondos Driler in Balmora
- Locations: Balmora, Odai Plateau, Rethan Manor, Ebonheart, Vivec City, Shurdan-Raplay Egg Mine, Gnisis, Sadrith Mora, Tel Aruhn, Moonmoth Legion Fort, Zainsipilu
- Reward: Your own stronghold
- Reputation: +1
- ID: HH_Stronghold
- Required Rank: Kinsman
- Talk to Dondos Driler at the Hlaalu Manor in Balmora to start the process.
- Travel to Ebonheart to receive the Construction Contract from Duke Vedam Dren.
- Travel to Vivec City to buy the Rethan Manor Land Deed from Baren Alen at the Hlaalu Treasury.
- Return to Dondos Driler with the deed and contract and the construction will begin.
- After a few days, talk to Driler again, who will ask to check on the stronghold progress.
- Talk to foreman on the Odai Plateau, Durbul gro-Rush, and return to Dondos with the news.
- The first phase should be finished after a few more days.
- Talk to Dondos Driler at the Hlaalu Council Manor in Balmora about the second phase.
- Cure the kwama queen at Shurdan-Raplay Egg Mine.
- Recruit some miners from Gnisis and Tel Aruhn for the mine.
- Return to Dondos to start the construction.
- The second phase should be finished after a few days.
- Talk to Dondos Driler at the Hlaalu Council Manor in Balmora about the third phase.
- Recruit a guard from Balmora Fighters Guild or the Imperial Legion at Moonmoth Legion Fort.
- Meet with the guard at Rethan Manor and deal with the bandits at Zainsipilu.
- Return to Dondos to start the construction.
- The third phase should be finished after a few days.
Once the Nerevarine reaches the rank of Kinsman in House Hlaalu, any councilor or quest giver will tell whom to contact to start the construction of the Hero's very own stronghold. Talk to Dondos Driler at the Hlaalu Manor in Balmora. He says that a Construction Contract is required and a land deed in order to start the building.
Travel to see Duke Vedam Dren in the Grand Council Chambers in Ebonheart to receive the contract. The land deed can be bought from Baren Alen at the Hlaalu Treasury in Vivec City. Return to Dondos Driler with the deed and contract and the construction will begin.
In a few days, the Nerevarine will be prompted by an entry in the journal to talk with Driler. He'll provide the directions to the stronghold and ask the Nerevarine to check on its progress. The foreman on site, Durbul gro-Rush, will say that work should be finished within the week. Return to Dondos with the news.
After a few days, another journal entry will appear to inform the Nerevarine that the first phase of the stronghold has been finished.
Once the first phase of the stronghold is completed, return to Dondos in Balmora. He will say that the Nerevarine needs to improve business near the stronghold by restoring the nearby Shurdan-Raplay Egg Mine, just across the river. The mine can be restored by curing the Kwama Queen and hiring some miners.
To cure the queen, simply cast a Cure Blight spell or scroll on her. Getting the Vivec's Touch spell from the Vivec Ashmask in the Gnisis temple is also an option.
As for the miners, talk to Dondos again and he'll suggest recruiting an unemployed miner. That would be either Ilasour Tansumiran, found in his cave dwelling home north of the Temple in Gnisis, or Llaals Ores at the Slave Market of Tel Aruhn. Llaals is now a slave in the Underground; talk to Savile Imayn to learn that curing the Kwama Queen is needed to secure his release. Whichever one is chosen, return to Dondos afterwards. Note that neither miner will actually go to the mine.
Upon curing the Queen and hiring one of the miners, return to Dondos to start the second phase of the stronghold. The Nerevarine should receive another journal entry one week later, when the second phase of construction is complete.
Once the second phase of the stronghold is finished and the Nerevarine has reached the rank of House Father, it is now possible to begin the third and final phase of construction. Return to Balmora and speak with Dondos, who will explain that the Nerevarine needs to get rid of the bandits in the area of the stronghold. To do that the Nerevarine will need to hire a guard, and Dondos suggests speaking with the Balmora Fighters Guild or the Imperial Legion at Moonmoth Legion Fort to do so.
Once he is hired, travel to the stronghold to meet him and talk to him about the bandits. Apparently the bandits are hiding out in the cave of Zainsipilu. Kill the leader of the bandits, Maros Gimayn. Killing the other seven bandits is optional.
Return to Driler to begin the third phase of construction. Another journal entry should be received in three days when the last phase of construction is complete.
- After the first phase of construction, if you skip directly to the task of recruiting miners, and choose to recruit Ilasour Tansumiran in Gnisis, you will then be able to go back to Dondos and initiate the construction's second phase without ever having actually cured the queen.
|5||In order to advance further, I must strengthen House Hlaalu by building a stronghold. I should go to the House Hlaalu Council Hall in Balmora and speak with the stronghold builder, Dondos Driler.|
|10||I spoke with the stronghold builder for House Hlaalu, Dondos Driler. He told me that he would build a stronghold for me on the site of the old Rethan Manor. Before construction can begin, I must get a land deed and construction contract from Baren Alen at the Hlaalu Vaults in Vivec.|
|50||Dondos Driler accepted the land deed and construction contract. He said that construction would begin soon. I should speak with Dondos Driler again in a few days to check on the progress of my stronghold.|
|55||I should speak with Dondos Driler about the progress on my stronghold.|
|60||Dondos Driler asked me to speak with Durbul gro-Rush, the foreman at the construction site. My stronghold will be built on the ruins of Rethan Manor which is on the northwest bank of the Odai river which flows from Balmora to the coast.|
|70||Durbul gro-Rush assured me that the stronghold would be complete in one week's time.|
|90||Dondos Driler thanked me for keeping him informed of the progress on my stronghold.|
|100||The first stage of my stronghold should be complete by today.|
|105||%Name told me that in order to advance further in House Hlaalu, I must build improvements for my stronghold. I should speak with Dondos Driler again at the Hlaalu Council Manor in Balmora.|
|110||To improve my stronghold, Dondos Driler told me that I must improve business around my stronghold. The Shurdan-Raplay egg mine is just southeast of my stronghold, across the Odai river. Dondos Driler told me I should cure the blighted kwama queen and hire some egg miners.|
|120||Dondos Driler told me that I might could get scrolls of cure blight from Hetman Abelmawia in Gnisis or from Pierlette Rostorard in Sadrith Mora.|
|130||Dondos Driler told me that there are some unemployed miners in Gnisis and Tel Aruhn. If I can, I should draw experienced miners away from House Redoran or House Telvanni.|
|140||I cured the blighted kwama queen in the Shurdan-Raplay Egg Mine.|
|150||I found a miner who will work for me in the Shurdan-Raplay egg mine.|
|170||Dondos Driler gave the orders to begin improving my stronghold.|
|200||The next phase of my stronghold should be complete.|
|210||Dondos Driler told me that I need to recruit a guard for my stronghold from the Fighters Guild here in Balmora or Fort Moonmoth nearby. I also need to find and kill the bandits that are disrupting trade near my stronghold.|
|220||I have hired the mercenary Fjorgeir from the Fighters Guild here in Balmora. He will meet me at my stronghold.|
|250||Fjorgeir told me the bandits are led by Maros Gimayn and come from Zainsipilu, a small cave across the River Odai and over the hills to the south. He offered to either guard my stronghold or fight together against the bandits.|
|270||Dondos Driler gave the orders to put the finishing touches on my stronghold.|
|300||The final stage of my stronghold should be complete.|