Formerly the principality of Thassad II's heir, A'Tor, Stros M'kai's small island served as the office of Provisional Governor Amiel Richton, who was charged with the protection and patrol of Hammerfell's barbarous southern coast. Lord Admiral Richton was the officer who defeated Prince A'Tor in the Battle of Hunding Bay, and was the greatest of a long line of heroes to serve in the Colovian West Navy. Stros M'kai itself would be an unassuming little port, famous only for its Dwemer ruins, were it not for its presently strategic location near the Cape of the Blue Divide, the waters around the Summerset Isles.
- According to Astrid, the incredibly poisonous Jarrin Root is native to Stros M'kai.
- Stros M'kai exports rum.
- Stros M'kai is where The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard took place in 2E 864.
- Bandits in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim can often be heard mumbling a song about Stros M'kai.
- Stros M'kai was once home to the only known member of the sload race, N'Gasta.
- The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, First Edition
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, Third Edition