|Summon Arniel's Shade|
|Skill Level||Apprentice (25)|
|Effect||Summons Arniel's Shade wherever the caster is pointing|
|Spell Tome||Quest reward|
Summon Arniel's Shade is an Apprentice-level Conjuration spell in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Casting it summons the Shade of Arniel Gane for 60 seconds. He will support the Dragonborn in a similar way an Atronach would, unleashing ranged shock and fire spells on opponents. This spell requires both hands to cast instead of just one. In addition, casting the spell with both hands will double its duration if the Dragonborn has the Conjuration Dual Casting perk.
One of the best features of Arniel's Shade is that it is immune to most physical attacks and poisons, most likely due to its nature being a ghost. This attribute makes it extremely useful against powerful physical enemies like the Dwarven centurion and giants.
- Summon Arniel's Shade is obtained as a reward at the end of the Arniel's Endeavor quest chain.
This section contains bugs related to Summon Arniel's Shade. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If the player has the Conjuration skill perk Twin Souls, summoning an atronach while Arniel's Shade is active makes the atronach transparent, just as Arniel is.
- The atronach may be made transparent in another way, if Arniel's Shade is active when the player summons an atronach. Arniel will disappear and the atronach will replace him as well as be transparent (this effect will only last until the player either fast travels, go into a building/cave, or reloads the game).
- When having a permanent conjuring spell, (I.E. Flame Thrall) conjuring Arniel's Shade seems to banish it for no apparent reason, even if the twin souls perk is accquired.
- Sometimes the spell may cost no magicka. (This may be the result of a high Conjuration skill)
- Sometimes the shade will not disappear after the 60 second time limit has expired with the shade essentially taking the place of Arniel at the college.
- Occasionally, after completing the quest, conjuring the shade will take both of the dragonborn's hands to do, ( I.E. Flame thrall). This will result in a glitchy animation, although there are currently no known effects to the actual spell itself.
|Banish Daedra • Bound Sword • Bound Battleaxe • Bound Bow • Command Daedra • Conjure Dremora Lord |
Conjure Familiar • Conjure Flaming Familiar • Conjure Flame Atronach • Conjure Frost Atronach • Conjure Storm Atronach
Dead Thrall • Dread Zombie • Expel Daedra • Flame Thrall • Frost Thrall • Raise Zombie • Reanimate Corpse • Revenant
Soul Trap • Storm Thrall • Summon Arniel's Shade • Summon Unbound Dremora
|Conjure Boneman • Conjure Mistman • Conjure Wrathman • Summon Arvak|
|Bound Dagger • Conjure Ash Guardian • Conjure Ash Spawn • Conjure Seeker|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Conjuration Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Conjuration trainers |
Resurrection • Necromancy • Banish