|Summon Unbound Dremora|
|Skill Level||Novice (00)|
|Effect||Summons an unbound Dremora|
Summon Unbound Dremora is a Novice-level Conjuration spell in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Casting it summons an Unbound Dremora which must be defeated before Phinis Gestor allows the Dragonborn to purchase Master-level Conjuration spells, such as Flame Thrall. Note that the Dremora is literally unbound, and will attack anyone, including the caster.
- Phinis Gestor provides the Dragonborn with this spell as part of the Conjuration Ritual Spell quest, once the Dragonborn reaches level 90 Conjuration.
This section contains bugs related to Summon Unbound Dremora. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Sigil Stone, once the "Conjuration Ritual Spell" quest is completed they may see him walking up the stairs to where they had to summon the Unbound Dremora for the quest. It will appear as if he's exiting through the door leading outside. If you follow him, when you go outside he will stay at the entrance of the door and appear "frozen" to the spot. Attacks and any type of banish daedra spells do not seem to work on him.
After the Dragonborn summons the Unbound Dremora for the last time before he gives the Dragonborn the
- The Unbound Dremora may also walk the college grounds freely upon the completion of the aforementioned quest. The Unbound Dremora does not react to any damage or effects and does not exchange dialogue with the player. If a follower is ordered to attack the Dremora, it will exchange combat dialouge, deal damage to the follower and its affiliates, and remain to be unaffected by any attacks. Any NPCs in the area will be unaffected by combat.
- If the above glitch occurs and Dragonborn is installed, summoning a Dremora Merchant with the Black Market power will cause the Unbound Dremora to attack the merchant, although no damage will be done and the merchant won't react.
- There is a bug involving the use of followers in this quest. Followers tend to attack the Dremora immediately after being summoned, allowing no dialogue to pass and preventing the Dragonborn from re-conjuring it.
- If the player loots the Dremora Lord after killing it, he/she will be unable to re-summon him and will have to load from a previous save to be able to continue the quest. Caveat: If the Dremora loses its weapons just before it disappears, the player may be able to use "Take Weapon" to retrieve it from the ground and continue the quest without bugs.
- If a dragon appears after the Dremora has been summoned, it's possible that the Unbound Dremora would act like a character/creature and travel from the roof to wherever the dragon corpse is.
- Right after the Unbound Dremora is summoned, he goes through a door and is never to be seen again. The spell Summon Unbound Dremora will not work after that, and the player will have to load a previous save.
|Banish Daedra • Bound Sword • Bound Battleaxe • Bound Bow • Command Daedra • Conjure Dremora Lord |
Conjure Familiar • Conjure Flaming Familiar • Conjure Flame Atronach • Conjure Frost Atronach • Conjure Storm Atronach
Dead Thrall • Dread Zombie • Expel Daedra • Flame Thrall • Frost Thrall • Raise Zombie • Reanimate Corpse • Revenant
Soul Trap • Storm Thrall • Summon Arniel's Shade • Summon Unbound Dremora
|Conjure Boneman • Conjure Mistman • Conjure Wrathman • Summon Arvak|
|Bound Dagger • Conjure Ash Guardian • Conjure Ash Spawn • Conjure Seeker|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Conjuration Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Conjuration trainers |
Resurrection • Necromancy • Banish