|Effect||Very effective against the undead, such as Vampires|
Sun Damage is an enchantment found in The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard. Its visual effects are somewhat similar to Fire Damage, however its blasts are brighter in color. Despite dealing damage, it falls under the Restoration school given its special damage towards undead.
The Sun Damage enchantment is only applied to the following items, however none of them can disenchanted:
- Auriel's Bow - 20 points of sun damage. Undead targets take triple damage.
- Dawnguard Rune Axe - Does x amount of sun damage to undead. x is the amount of undead killed to power the axe.
- Dawnguard Rune Shield - Sustained blocking creates a minor sun shield doing 10 points of damage.
- Sunhallowed Elven Arrows - When used with Auriel's Bow deal extra Sun Damage and when fired at the sun create a unique ability that makes rays of sun light strike enemies around the Dragonborn.
There are only three Restoration spells that deal Sun Damage, all of which can be learned from tomes:
- The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard (First appearance)