The hammer was wielded by Wulfharth during his battle with Alandro Sul, where Sul was using Wraithguard in a chest-plate form. Following his defeat, all three artifacts came into the possession of the Almsivi following the Battle of Red Mountain.
Around 2E 582 Sunder was known to be broken, as the haft was separated from the rest of the artifact, though it was later reforged. Sunder, along with Keening, was subsequently lost during an annual pilgrimage to the Heart some time in the Third Era.
- In Online, the haft of Sunder can be found, implying it was broken before being found reforged in Morrowind.
- In Skyrim, during the the quest Arniel's Endeavor, Arniel Gane mentions Sunder.
- The description "of divine mass" may be a reference to Mjölnir, the hammer of Thor. Mjölnir is said to be so heavy that even the mighty Thor required his Járngreipr, iron gauntlets which increased his strength, to wield.
- Sunder's appearance is that of a straight-peen hammer.
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls Online