|Location||North of Moss Mother Cavern and south of Gjukar's Monument|
|Quests||No Stone Unturned |
Sunderstone Gorge is a cave located in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Within the cave, there are several leveled Mages and Necromancers (most of whom will be Fire Mages, with either one Master Fire Mage, Master Ice Mage or an Arch Necromancer at the entrance) as well as skeletons.
There are also many booby traps to watch out for. At the end of the cave system there is a Word Wall containing one of the three words for Fire Breath. A Stone of Barenziah can be found on a table next to the two dead bodies of a Redguard and a Wood Elf right in front of the wall. There are also a multitude of silver ore veins scattered throughout the cave.
- Conjuration Skill Book - 2920, vol 10 - Frostfall - On the lectern in front of the Word Wall.
- Stone of Barenziah - On a table with the two dead bodies.
- 4 Fire Salts.
- A Human Heart on one of the shelves inside a cooking pot, same room as word wall.
- A bowl of Moon Sugar.
- A bowl of Vampire Dust.
- Four Silver Ore Veins
- Sunderstone Gorge is also known as "Greywater Gorge." The Greybeards use the latter when telling you there is a Word of Power there, as will any note from Urag gro-Shub or a Letter from a Friend.
- The mage before the cave entrance may not be present (such as at night) when you approach. If this happens, he may instead be present and attack you when you leave the cave.
- It is possible that a dragon will also appear. The dragon will attack anyone it sees, including the mage. The mage, however, will ignore the dragon.
- The lanterns on the ceiling can all be shot with arrows, resulting in them falling and exploding. This can light the oil on the cave floor or dispatch enemies on the upper level.
- If you wish to skip the majority of the dungeon and head straight to the Word Wall, when you reach the oil and pressure plate trap, head down the alley with the Skeever and half buried urn. It appears to be a dead end, but if you jump on the urn, you can then jump to the top of the ledge. Sneak to the gate and activate the Alchemy Lab on the left hand side to appear on the other side of that gate. Then activate the chain to the right through the second gate and you can clear the enemies there and access the Word Wall. It is also possible to use a bow to shoot through both spike barriers (aim carefully for the gaps) and kill the mages on the other side while they are still unaware of your presence.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)