The founding date of Sutch is unknown. The future leader of the Ebonheart Pact, Jorunn the Skald-King, visited Sutch in his youth between 2E 546 and 2E 572. Around 2E 582, Sir Phrastus of Elinhir met with a hunter in the marketplace of Sutch, who had brought with them the carcass of a rare River Troll. The city remained as part of Tiber Septim's empire in 2E 864, though became a ruined fort by 3E 433. During the Oblivion Crisis, an Oblivion Gate opened at Fort Sutch, though was closed by the Hero of Kvatch. The warlord Roderick and his mercenaries were also stationed at the fort, though after falling ill he was assassinated by the Dark Brotherhood.
- The city was originally intended to appear in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, but it was scrapped during development, and instead replaced by a ruined fort. It was to be located north of Anvil and west of Kvatch, placing it in between the two, and was connected to a lake. It supposed to be home to the temple of Kynareth, as she is the only Divine without a chapel in the game.[source?] The only reference to the city that made it into the game is believed to be Fort Sutch. In a Demo video created by Todd Howard, he states that there are nine main cities in the game, and shows Sutch to all of Youtube. There are nine cities in Oblivion today, but with Sutch, there would be ten. This means one city was added after Sutch was removed. In the video, he shows us Chorral, Anvil, Kvatch, Skingrad, The Imperial City, and Sutch. Either Bruma, Cheydinhal, Bravil, or Leyawiin was not originally there in the early stages of Oblivion.
- Unintended mentions of Sutch as a city were left in the journal entries for the quests Mystery at Harlun's Watch and The Wandering Scholar in Oblivion.
- The entry for Mystery at Harlun's Watch read: "Burz gro-Khash has paid me the balance of the contract. He tells me that he has no further contracts to offer, but I should speak with Azzan in Sutch, if I have not already."
- The entry for The Wandering Scholar read: "Azzan has given me a contract to escort Elante of Alinor, a scholar doing research on Daedra. I am to meet her at the entrance to Brittlerock Cave, northeast of Sutch, and protect her while she explores inside."
- The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls Online (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Dark Brotherhood (Mentioned only)