Speaking to Svana about her work will lead to her confiding that she is more-or-less a slave for Haelga and will initiate a miscellaneous quest. Svana will request that the Dragonborn obtain three Marks of Dibella from three men in Riften in order to shame Haelga. The men are Indaryn, Hofgrir Horse-Crusher and Bolli.
If she is killed the Marks of Dibella can be kept and stored as they are no longer marked as quest items. If done silently, no bounty is added. She is not involved in any other quests, however, if her request is fulfilled in her favor, most of the items in the bunkhouse become "take" rather than "steal."
- "I'd appreciate it if you'd keep your hands to yourself."
- "The Bunkhouse isn't an inn. I'd recommend the Bee and Barb."
- Svana repeatedly asks that the Dragonborn not kill anyone during her quest, and killing any of the targets will fail the quest.
- If the Dragonborn stays in the bunkhouse long enough, it can be overheard that Svana is secretly in love with Sibbi Black-Briar. Haelga dismisses the relationship and attempts to persuade her to adopt a similar lifestyle to her own.
- She will be upset if her aunt Haelga dies and asks that the Dragonborn leave for now even though she despises her.
- Tythis Ulen, a Dunmer living in the bunkhouse, can be heard harassing Svana. Tythis can be overheard saying he has heard how Svana likes Dark Elves and suggests that he show her what he can do. Svana, utterly disgusted, warns him to leave her alone and threatens to cut off something he is "unable to live without."
- She is clearly overworked by her aunt; she has dark circles in her eyes and the whites around her eyes are red.
- Despite killing all of her Falmer kidnappers, Svana Far-Shield may not offer any dialog options to complete the Rescue Mission quest given by the Companions. Instead, she will continuously say her normal dialog lines. (Unconfirmed)
- It is possible for Svana to not initiate the quest to obtain the Marks of Dibella when she is talked to. However, sometimes when exiting dialogue, she mentions that they hopefully can be obtained without violence, but the quest does not appear in the journal. It is also possible to obtain the marks from their respective owners when this happens, by pickpocketing. If she does not mention her hopes of getting the marks, only killing her will allow them to be removed from the inventory.