Speaking to Svana about her work will lead to her confiding that she is basically a slave for Haelga and will initiate a miscellaneous quest. Svana will request that the Dragonborn obtains three Marks of Dibella from three men in Riften in order to shame Haelga. The men are Indaryn, Hofgrir Horse-Crusher and Bolli, so she can shame Haelga to get back at her.
- Svana repeatedly asks that the Dragonborn not kill anyone during the misc quest.
- If the Dragonborn sneaks about the home unseen it can be overheard that Svana is secretly in love with Sibbi Black-Briar. Haelga dismisses the relationship and attempts to persuade her to adopt a similar lifestyle to her own.
- She will be upset if her aunt dies and asks if the Dragonborn would leave for now.
- Tythis Ulen, a Dunmer living in the bunkhouse, can be heard harassing Svana. Tythis can be overheard saying he has heard how Svana likes dark elves and suggests that he show her what he can do. Svana, utterly disgusted, warns him to leave her alone otherwise she would cut off something he is unable to live without.
- She is clearly overworked by her aunt; she has dark circles in her eyes and her eyes are red.
- Despite killing all of her Falmer kidnappers, Svana Far-Shield will not offer any dialog options to complete the Rescue Mission quest given by the Companions. Instead, she will continuously say her normal dialog lines (Unconfirmed)
- It is possible for Svana to not initiate the quest to obtain the Marks of Dibella when talking to her. However, sometimes when exiting dialogue, she mentions that you hopefully obtain them without violence, but the quest does not appear in the journal. It is also possible to obtain the marks from their respective owners when this happens, by pickpocketing. If she does not mention her hopes for your obtainment of the Marks, there is nothing more that can be done.