| Click for a list of strategies
- Use shouts such as Unrelenting Force or Ice Form to immobilize them.
- For mages, having the Impact perk in the Destruction school of magic can be very useful.
- Dual-Cast fire spells can keep deathlords perpetually stunned until they are killed, if timed properly.
- Spellbreaker can be effective when they use shouts, which will bounce the shouts back at them.
- Combining the Marked for Death shout and the Fire Breath shout can inflict huge amounts of damage to these enemies, as they have an inherent weakness to fire.
- Use the Slow Time shout and get some hits in while it is recovering.
- Conjuring a Dremora Lord is very useful, as they are almost on par with Deathlords in terms of health and attack damage.
- The attack from a werewolf is quite large, therefore effective, as long as the Deathlord's attacks are evaded, as a werewolf can't equip armor.
- Using Bound weapons can be very effective, as Bound weapons can't be disarmed.
I got a glass bow from a deathlord, so probably other drops are possible as well. Not sure how you go about finding out what a monster can drop though.