Why is Hermaeus Mora's page (among others) blocked from editing? With the addition of the Dragonborn DLC there is plenty of information about him that can be added to the Wiki. Jedijam91 (talk) 16:01, December 12, 2012 (UTC)
- I agree. This excessive abuse of the protection feature is very unprofessional and un-wise. Wikis rely on the information added by every user, and this includes the anonymous. So to lock so many pages to Sysop use only will consequently help cripple this wiki in the end. It is even stated in the policies that the protection feature should only be used in extreme cases, such as when a page is constantly being vandalized or if a spam bot has targeted certain pages. It's definitely not to be used so Sysops can be lazy and lock down heavily trafficked article pages. I'll apologize in advance if this is too blunt. But it is getting rather frustrating to see so many article pages being locked to the common user. GarouxBloodline
- "The majority of pages on all Wikia should remain publicly editable, and not protected."
- This page was originally locked due to high traffic after the trailer was released. The reason several pages are sysop locked is because we are severely under staffed. It's very hard to keep an eye on every single edit plus update the wiki too. I wish we had more active users that could keep an eye on things, but the lockings was a necessary evil.
- In regards to this page - This article should really be a strictly lore article and game specific things shound not be included - so what I suggest is I'll create a seperate Dragonborn page for this character and that can be updated. Here: Hermaeus Mora (Dragonborn)
- Jimeee (talk) 17:23, December 12, 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you for coming to a compromise. I really appreciate that. Anyways, I would still suggest going through and unlocking most of the article pages. Even when there is a lack of leadership, censorship still shouldn't be embraced for the sake of simplicity. Every day it seems I find article pages that are locked that need serious editing done to them, but no one is able to without jumping through hoops. GarouxBloodline
So, I added the "Solstheim" chapter of this page and soon receive a notification saying the user "188.8.131.52" made some changes, I enter the page once again and see exactly the same o.O. Is it an atempt to take credit for what I did?