Speed of reproductionEdit
- On the Men page is says that Mer can't produce as quickly as Men. Does anyone have any ideas as to why that is? My friends and I came up with a few theories:
1. Elves take much longer to mature than men, thus more money and time needs to be put into raising them, and even the rich couldn't afford to raise over two children.
2. Biologically, Mer are incapable of reproducing after a certain time. Since Men seem to be much physically hardier than elves, maybe the wombs of female Mer may not be able to cope with having any more children after a certain number have already been had.
- The information is taken from in-game book called The Real Barenziah, unfortunately I do not remember from which part exactly. The same book states that Mer can have children in their 17 and perhaps earlier. Thus your first theory is busted.
- If I remember correctly Mer women are sometimes incapable of having Mer children after mating with Men.
- But overall, it is just hard for them to have children, it's more of a fertility problem. To my mind there is no place for speculation on this subject, as everything is made clear enough.