The Miscellaneous Quests section needs some serious work because in this state it is very confusing and quests need to be sorted out somehow like quests that only appear in the Miscellaneous section in the game journal and more complex ones (additional quests) which don't appear in the Miscellaneous section and aren't neither Faction quests or daedric, like The White Phial or In My Time of Need.
Should probably generalize the generated Radiant Quests (bounties and similar). Something like "Bounty quests available from the Innkeeper for randomized targets." Delve (talk) 16:45, December 5, 2011 (UTC)
The problem I see to be developing with the miscellaneous section is the shear amount of tasks that can end up here during gameplay. I'm even guilty of this to extent, simply going through the dialog with a NPC can get you a task to go talk to another NPC who then gives you another task. Yet they are all unbound/miscellaneous tasks, you could play for 2 hours running around Skyrim and probably clear 50-100 of these types of tasks. Suggest a guideline along the lines to list a task, such as must require to go clear dungeon, kill mini boss, retrieve items, deliver goods, etc.. Neguy71inok (talk) 17:38, December 5, 2011 (UTC)
- It's worse than that. You can get these 'tasks' just by overhearing a guard making small talk nearby. I've had 'misc' items added to my journal and map updates just walking through town without interacting with anyone. Delve (talk) 19:30, December 5, 2011 (UTC)
- The map updates I can live with, in fact, after 2 weeks of owning the game with about 30hrs gameplay, I just realized yesterday that those tables with maps on them and a bunch of little flags, can update your map by targeting the flags and selecting them (It should give the name associated with the flag.) Its the "Go speak to (NPC X)" I don't think should be listed in miscellaneous as these usually lead to another task or like some, lead to actual Side Quests. I think tomorrow I'll create a Side Quest Section and move the known side quests there, unless somebody beats me to it. Neguy71inok (talk) 19:48, December 5, 2011 (UTC)
- I think we should list the finite quests (including the ones that are given by Radiant AI), and leave out the infinite Radiant AI quests. These should probably be in another section though as everyone's mentioned. I'm new to this, but I will go ahead and add any missing ones that I find from our current list and add them to this page for the time being. May need help linking them correctly to a missing page. Will mark them as minor edits. Hav0cNZ (talk) 11:34, December 17, 2011 (UTC)
- :Having a section of quests that you can recieve be reading a book would be good too. Epzo (talk) 02:17, January 9, 2012 (UTC)
- The organization does need some work, but what about correcting / validating links or info? With the page locked down, some of us that would like to help correct information are unable to. Dolgar (talk) 20:22, February 1, 2012 (UTC)
Recommended lvl prerequisites needed
It would be helpful for quests, dungeons, caverns, and forts alike to have suggested lvl prerequisites. This can help novice or even adept lvl players determine whatever they want to pursue said dungeon or quest, depending on their skills. Of course they will remain recommended, but I for one would love for that to be added to certain, if not all, quests and dungeons. Simply due to the fact that some dungeons or quests can be significantly harder than others. All in all, it can save one's self a lot of time and is more efficient and helpful as a result.
- Considering that many of the creatures level with the player, this is really does not work. While some areas will be easier or harder, there is far too many variables to make a standard across the board. The few quests that do have a level requirement, already have them listed.LeatherNeck2382 (talk) 00:32, December 22, 2011 (UTC)
While i was playing Skyrim i found a glitch. Upon transforming into a werewolf my mace was still in my hand. The mace was still just as usuable as normal. If it helps the mace was elven.
My missing Lydia
After I learned the Way of The Voice, i fast traveled to the Western Watchtower. But i never saw Lydia there. I read that if we part ways, she'd be in Dragonsreach or Breezehouse. She wasn't in Dragonsreach. The house was pointless because i don't own the house. I need to know if she would still be alive or dead. just travel to another place maybe she is traveling with you.
Or yo gonna buy that breeze home maybe she is there.
Power Leveling Glitches on Skyrim
Bethesda needs to fix all the glitches used to power level. Like the glitch where u can attack the Greybeards in High Hrothgar to level up ur sneak and fighting skills. Also, the glitch with the book you obtain from the quest "Discerning the Transmundane" where you put it on a bookshelf and you can read it multiple times and get the skill gains over and over again. My friend just power leveled to 81 using these glitches. Anyone that uses these glitches should have their stats reset.Thorax the Impaler (talk) 20:33, January 20, 2012 (UTC)Ryan Reames. Xbox Live Gamertag: RyanReames
- Agreed that Bethesda needs to fix glitches, but not sure why you are so worked up over your friend power levleing his character. It is only a single player game after all, the only person he is cheating is himself. Neguy71inok (talk) 22:59, January 20, 2012 (UTC)
What about No Stone Unturned?
Does the No Stone Unturned (Skyrim) guest falls under the Thieves Guild quests? I believe it does because the signs in the name of the guest in quest log is of the Thieves Guild and involves the Thieves Guild characters but it is not listed as their quest. I am going to put it here Quests (Skyrim) but I am not sure where it should be in the Thieves Guild (Skyrim). Please send me an email if I am wrong.
Civil War end quest glitch - Imperials
Occasionally, after Ulfric and Galmar have been killed, the replacement Jarl (Brunwulf Free-Winter) will not spawn inside of the Palace of the Kings. For some reason the Jarls of Riften as well as the Jarl of Markarth will be seated with their housecarls at the dining table in the Palace of the Kings. Neither waiting for several game days nor leaving and returning to Windhelm have solved this problem. This makes purchasing Hjerim impossible as the Jarl will not be around to tell you how to become Thane and his aid does not have a dialogue option to purchase the home. ( PS3)
- found a way to get Free-Winter to spawn. I attacked the Jarl's upstairs, killing two persons, earning a 1000 bounty in the Pale. I then went outside, listened to the speech and then travelled by foot to Whiterun. I noticed I had the glitch where Hadvar follows me, so I attacked him until he took a knee, killed a guard, stole a horse and fast travelled back to Windhelm. The Jarls were sitting at the dinner table, but Free-Winter was there and I bought the house, (which is awesome!). I don't know what action fixed the glitch, but I got rid of Hadvar, too. Too lazy to go back and do things individually. Hope this helps.
Quest section headers
I'm not sure if it's just me, but they look as if the centers of each header graphic are missing. Like it's supposed to have words between them. For instance, I'll see [ blank here ], where the brackets I wrote are the images to make the words stand out. It's just something I'm curious about.
Oblivion Walker Achievement
im working on getting all my achievements and right now i need to collect all 15 Deadric artifacts for the Oblivion Walker acheivement. Only problem is i think i sold one or two that i got when i first started playing. do you have to have all 15 items on you to get the achievement? HarryVoldyWarts (talk) 17:32, April 1, 2012 (UTC)
to answer my own question, no. you just have to collect all of them you don't have to have them in your home or on you. I just finished all the Deadric quests and i received the achievement
Forts aren't garrisoned if you don't do the "Season Unending" Quest:
Alright so I just about finished the civil war questline for the Stormcloaks before finishing the main quest, (Haffingar and the battle for Fort Hragstaad were the only things left). As a result upon completing Alduin's Bane, "Season Unending" never started and I went straight to "The Fallen". All was well until I finished the main quest, captured Solitude for the Stormcloaks and went travelling to all the newly garrisoned forts around Skyrim that I realised that all the forts (and their Holds) that are involved in Season Unending are never garrisoned by the appropriate side. The forts in the Holds that are Stormcloak territory to begin with (Dawnstar, Riften, etc) are never occupied by Stormcloaks upon finishing the civil war quests. They remain either empty or filled with bandits etc as the quest "Batte for <Fort-Name>" are never given as those forts already belong to the side I was on. I've since re-loaded from an earlier save (at the Battle for Whiterun) and am going to finish the main quest straight after that but I was wondering if this is a bug or what because all my other playthroughs I've done the Peace-council and the forts have been fine in the end. This time I don't do Season Unending and everything goes to hell....Help? Dovahfeyn (talk) 05:43, May 1, 2012 (UTC)
Whats with the headless horseman ghost that rides through dragon brige is it a quest or just a easter egg i hav only ever seen him once n i was on a quest fellowing someone so i couldnt follow him i cant found anyone that says anything about him its starting to annoy me 188.8.131.52 06:16, May 6, 2012 (UTC)
In the Dungeon Quests section, the "Dungeon" heading at the top of the table should be "Quest Name"
So, I am trying to go through the 'Join the Companions" quest. I am at the part where I have to give Alea her shield. Her waypoint has shown up by the Encampmet to the North where the giants are. The glitch in the notes portion of the article for this reads as follows:
Whiterun, but she's not there. She may still be in one of the farms, where the Dragonborn spot the Companions killing a Giant after escaping execution."There are some instances where the quest indicator marks the Giant Camp west of
Has anyone been able to find a way that fixes this? I have already met her at the farms (prior to even going into the city), and she is not out there anymore.
This is not as important as other edits, but under blades quests "killing dragons" needs to be marked as a radiant quest, because it is neverending. 184.108.40.206 14:21, June 18, 2012 (UTC)
Main Quest Question;
Is there any way out of "The Cornered Rat" quest. I really hate the whole idea and have no intention of completing it. I don't want to join the Thieves Guild and am not interested in stealing rings and other nonsense. Can I just go find Ebern or whatever his name is? How do you circumvent this ridiculous quest?
No user name ----
I'd fix it, but the page is locked. The Purity quest in the Companions segment links to http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Purity, which redirects to either the quest or the alchemy perk. The proper link is http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Purity_(Quest)