Tear otherwise known as Dres or the Jewel of the East[OOG 2] is a major port city located on the southeastern peninsula of Morrowind. Tear is also known as the capital of the Great House Dres. Sload merchants buy slaves from the city of Tear to practice Necromancy.
Tear is infamous for holding multiple slaves from the Beastfolk provinces of Black Marsh and Elsweyr. Tear holds many slave pens throughout its sprawling fields. Tear is surrounded by Saltrice plantations bordering Black Marsh.
The Ruddy Man reappeared at the city of Tear, ten years after being defeated by Vivec at Koal Cave, Vvardenfell. The shell of the Ruddy Man was worn by a shaman of the House of Troubles. The Dreughs gave the shell mythic inflexibility. It eventually molted after skill-draping the shaman and stretching his bones to fit the armor. The Ruddy Man sacked three different villages until Vivec arrived and defeated the Ruddy Man again by way of the Symbolic Collage.
In 2E 862, a powerful Khajiit Crime Boss named S'rathra orchestrated a raid on Tear using his mercenaries including Cyrus the Restless and Tobias. After freeing multiple slaves and being caught by the Dres Slavers, a riot ensued. In the end, the mercenaries defeated the Dres Slavers and destroyed the plantation.
In 3E 407, Tear experienced a series of murders throughout the city. Major slave traders were killed by someone named the Lopper. The murders ended with Dres Mineguar who was suspected to be the Lopper himself. Regardless, the Tear murders were over.
When Red Mountain erupted on Vvardenfell, the city of Tear was devastated. Tear's southern walls crumbled resulting in guards falling into the marshlands. Many ran away from the destruction while poorer citizens were helping the wealth amidst the rubble. The city was overrun by Argonians in the beginning of the Fourth Era during the Argonian Invasion after the Red Year.
- When Arena was going to be a tournament-based game, Tear's team was known as the Immortals.[OOG 2]
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Mentioned only)
- An Elder Scrolls Novel: The Infernal City (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends (Mentioned only)
- ↑ Corpse Preparation, Book I
- ↑ Pocket Guide to the Empire, First Edition: Morrowind
- ↑ 36 Lessons of Vivec, Sermon 28
- ↑ The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard: The Origin of Cyrus!
- ↑ The Real Barenziah, Book IV
- ↑ Last Scabbard of Akrash
- ↑ The Red Year, Vol. I
- ↑ An Elder Scrolls Novel: The Infernal City
|Lore Morrowind Locations|
|Cities||Ald'ruhn • Balmora • Blacklight • Ebonheart • Firewatch • Kragenmoor • Mournhold • Narsis • Necrom • Raven Rock • Sadrith Mora • Tear • Vivec City|
|Regions||Clockwork City • Deshaan • Solstheim • Stonefalls • Vvardenfell|
|Landmarks||Cavern of the Incarnate • Holamayan Monastery • Inner Sea • Mournhold Temple • Red Mountain • Skaal Village|