|Location||East of Fort Frostmoth|
The main tower and surrounding buildings were grown by Neloth with massive mushroom cuttings he brought from Morrowind some time before the eruption of Red Mountain. Although he grew the tower using Telvanni sorcery, his mycologist, Elynea Mothren, continues to nurture it.
Following the Levitation Act of 3E 421, levitation magic became outlawed throughout the Empire. Because all Telvanni towers required the use of levitation magic to scale their heights, a different approach was required. Tel Mithryn not being exempt, Neloth dealt with this problem by creating a magical device at the base of the tower stem. A small circular pad embedded with glowing runes acts as an elevator, channeling arcane energy from the runed plateau vertically through the hollowed out mushroom stem to a pronged focal point near the top of the tower, which is connected to the roof. This allows anyone to travel from the ground floor to the top of the tower in a mere matter of seconds.
The main floor of the tower contains an assortment of arcane items, including various magical artifacts, potions, alchemical ingredients, spell tomes and other books about magic. There are also tables layered with various Dwemer artifacts and tomes about the Dwemer. Four smaller additional rooms are placed analogous to each other, forming a relatively equivalent quadrilateral consistency of rooms. These include two bedrooms, a creature testing lab containing two caged Spriggans (regular and burnt), and an enchanting room, which also includes a Staff Enchanter.
Hitting the walls of the tower will result in it bleeding pink liquid, followed by the tower growling.
- Staff Enchanter - In the enchanting room.
- Black Book: The Hidden Twilight - In the same room as the Staff Enchanter, and an enchanting table.
Main Quests (Dragonborn)Edit
- Azra's Staffs — Retrieve one of Azra Nightwielder's staffs.
- Briarheart Necropsy — Study a Forsworn Briarheart for Neloth.
- Experimental Subject — Test out a new spell for Neloth.
- From the Ashes — Kill the Ash Guardian Talvas accidentally summoned.
- Healing a House — Repair the withered Telvanni tower.
- Heart Stones — Find a Heart Stone for Neloth.
- Lost Knowledge — Find a certain Black Book for Neloth.
- Old Friends — Find out who has been sending Ash Spawn to attack Tel Mithryn.
- Reluctant Steward — Locate Neloth's missing steward.
- Telvanni Research — Help Neloth in his research on Ash Spawn.
- Wind and Sand — Retrieve a book about the Alik'r Desert for Neloth.
Research and experimentation questsEdit
This is a list that is not actually specified in game, but is a list that details the side quests that relate to research and experimentation that the wizards of House Telvanni are working on in Tel Mithryn.
- Lost Knowledge
- Azra's Staffs
- Wind and Sand
- Telvanni Research
- From the Ashes
- Experimental Subject
- Briarheart Necropsy
- Heart Stones
- A Sight for Sore Eyes
- A Sight for Sore Eyes — Be the test subject for Neloth's new spell.
- Elynea's Ingredients — Find and deliver a rare alchemy ingredient for Elynea Mothren.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn (First appearance)
- ↑ Dialogue with Elynea Mothren
- ↑ Overheard conversation in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: "He's getting older, but he can still teach a bit about Alteration. He's been teaching it since before the Levitation Act of 421."
- ↑ Overheard conversation in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: "He still teaches, though he lost his passion for it after the Levitation Act was passed. Can't say I blame him."