Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
As a mercenary for hire, he was hired by a Nord from Skyrim. His employer was what Teldryn called a "true Nord"; had tattoos on his face, wore animal skins, a real "traditional type", had an insatiable bloodlust and was extremely stubborn, one of the toughest employers he has ever had.
When asked why he kept working for him, Teldyn responds with "Simple... he paid well. Very well". One day, they cleared out a ruined fort near Whiterun and when they got outside, they saw a bandit galloping away on horseback. Teldryn continues on to say that they tracked and chased the bandit for three days, eventually arriving at what Teldryn called the "largest bandit encampment I'd ever seen." He says his Nord boss took one look at Teldryn and had the most menacing grin he had ever seen. Teldryn recalls "At that moment, I knew I'd never see him again. No amount of money would be worth that kind of death."
He left Skyrim and made his way back to his home of Solstheim, where he currently lives in the Retching Netch, in Raven Rock.
Teldryn Sero wears a full set of Chitin armor by default. Unlike most followers, he prefers to keep his Chitin Helmet equipped, even if a helm with a higher armor rating is given to him. Generally, he will switch to a different helm if it fully covers his face, such as the Nightingale Hood.
If inducted into the Blades, Teldryn will exchange all of his chitin gear (helmet included) - however he will lose all of his unique dialogue options. It is possible to remove his helmet with the Perfect Touch pickpocketing perk. Doing so will allow him to equip other headgear given, including helms and circlets.
After summoning an atronach, Teldryn will switch to Destruction magic. He uses spells such as Firebolt at range before closing in with a one-handed weapon. If kept at range, he is capable of dual-casting to improve the damage of his spells. Furthermore, he may also utilize a ward spell if he becomes targeted by more than one enemy. If he loses a significant portion of his health, he may cast Fast Healing to sustain himself.
In close combat, Teldryn will begin using the Flames spell or frost spell interspersed with power attacks. Like all followers, he will switch to a default Hunting Bow and iron arrows if he runs out of magicka and cannot close to range.
General Follower DialogueEdit
- "What's our next move?"
- "Lead on."
- "Right behind you."
Asked to wait:
- "You're going ahead without me...? Suit yourself."
Spoken to whilst waiting:
- "Are we ready to get going?" - Initiating conversation.
- "About time. Let's go." - Asked to continue following.
- "Make it quick - I don't like this waiting game." "Don't be gone too long." - Conversation exited without being asked to follow.
Asked to move/interact:
- "Right away." - Command given.
- "That's not going to happen." - Command denied.
- "Anything else?" - Command completed.
Asked to trade items:
- "If it'll help us get moving quicker, sure."
- "Fine, go on... Leave me here. When you return to your senses, you know where to find me."
- "I was enjoying our travels before we parted company. I'd be willing to rejoin you at no charge... if you're interested."
- "It's been a while, outlander. Looking to unleash some havoc across Tamriel again?"
Using a Black BookEdit
- "What in the-?"
- "I can't believe you did that on purpose."
- "That can't be good for you."
- "That isn't right."
- "Sheogorath's madness take you!"
- "Agh! Filthy N'wah!"
- "Die, N'wah!"
- "By Dagon's eyes, you'll pay for that!"
- "You are going to pay for this!"
- "You'll have to do better than that!"
- "That's it? Ha!"
- "I'll send your soul as a gift to Boethiah!"
- "Nerevar, guide me!"
- "Malacath take you!"
- "Molag Bal curse you!"
- "Sheogorath's beard, you're an ugly one!"
- "Boethiah inspire me!"
Teldryn may give some unique comments depending on where he is. These include:
|"Whiterun... The pride of Skyrim. Doesn't look like much to me. Now Blacklight on the other hand, that's a proper city."||Whiterun|
|"Can you imagine what Markarth must have looked like when the Dwarves were living here? I can't even begin to imagine."||Markarth|
|"I can't believe how carelessly the dead are buried here. I can't imagine my body rotting away like that."||Falkreath|
|"Solitude... home to the East Empire Company, the heartless bastards."||Solitude|
|"So this is Riften. Glover Mallory told me a good deal about the place. It looks exactly as I'd pictured."||Riften|
|"So this is the fabled College of Winterhold. Amazing."||Winterhold|
|"Riverwood looks peaceful. If I had to settle in Skyrim, this might be the place I'd choose."||Riverwood|
|"I lived in the Gray Quarter of Windhelm for years... it's a wretched place full of bitter Dunmer. Let's be done here quickly."||Windhelm|
|"Dawnstar is full of struggling miners. Sounds a lot like a certain town in Solstheim, eh?"||Dawnstar|
|"Ugh, what a wretched place. Who would build a town in the middle of a swamp?"||Morthal|
|Not much of a farm. How do they expect to grow anything in this ash-free soil?||In a farm|
|I hope we don't bump into any Forsworn around here. I heard they're as wild as a pack of beasts.||Karthwasten|
|The Forsworn are little more than beasts. They won't listen to reason, so prepare for the worst.||In a Forsworn Camp|
|Becoming a hagraven requires a sacrifice to their foul deity. Show them no mercy before we become one of the victims.||In a Hagraven Nest|
|The Pale reminds me of the northern part of Solstheim... rife with freezing cold weather and full of unfriendly creatures.||In The Pale|
|You may want to be careful down here... the Thieves Guild makes the Ratway its home.||In The Ratways|
|Dragons, eh? Good, I was looking for a challenge.||In a Dragon Lair|
|Vampires are wretched beings. Feeding off of others the way they do... it's disgusting.||In a Vampire Lair|
|Warlocks practice all sorts of foul sorcery. We should proceed with caution.||In a Warlock Lair|
|Damn bandits are worse than the vermin that infest the ash wastes back home.||In a Bandit Camp|
|There are restless dead about... I suggest we proceed with caution.||Inside a Nordic Tomb|
|Despite the foul beings that infest this place, I'm certain we'll find plenty of wealth to make it worth our time.||Inside any cave or dungeon.|
|The dwarves were a clever race. I wonder what happened to them?||Inside a Dwemer Ruin.|
|To think the Falmer are loosely related to the Dunmer sends shivers down my spine.||In a Falmer Hive|
|Ugh, the stench. We must be nearing a giant's home.||Near a Giant Camp|
|I never fancied becoming a miner... didn't want to spend the rest of my days cracking rocks.||Inside a mine|
|I was briefly in the employ of an orc warrior once. I had to quit because he refused to bathe. Disgusting.||In an Orc Stronghold|
|Spriggan are loathsome creatures. They summon some of the most benign beings of the forest and bend them to their will.||In a Spriggan Grove|
|I wonder how many souls were lost when this ship met its fate.||In a Shipwreck|
|What would possess someone to give their allegiance to Hircine, only to see their free will taken from them like this?||In a Werewolf Lair|
|With the ash from Red Mountain covering half the island, it's astonishing how much Solstheim reminds me of home.||In Solstheim|
|Any time you want to head for Skyrim, I'm right with you... I've spent enough time on Solstheim to last a lifetime.||In Solstheim|
|I hope we don't run into too many ash spawn out here.||In Solstheim|
|The Telvanni are amazing. Look what they've grown from the ash... have you ever seen anything like it?||In Tel Mithryn|
|How can the Skaal stand it up here? It's freezing!||In the Skaal Village|
|I've called Raven Rock my home for a number of years. Azura knows why... it's a mess.||In Raven Rock|
|Nice place, I never knew you were so wealthy.||In Player Home|
- Dan Donohoue voices Teldryn Sero as well as the Dremora Merchant, Ralis Sedarys, and most of the Redoran Guards.
- Teldryn may comment on the Dragonborn's wealth depending on the house that they are currently visiting.
- After being dismissed, Teldryn seems to have a longer 're-employment window' than other hirelings, and may sometimes offer his services for free, even after returning to his default point in Retching Netch.
This section contains bugs related to Teldryn Sero. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- After combat, Teldryn may become stuck in the combat stance, and unable to be interacted with, or stuck using a Flames spell on an empty area with a seemingly bottomless supply of magicka. Using the Unrelenting Force shout on him will usually remedy this problem.
- If dismissed, Teldryn can sometimes go missing and won't appear back at the Retching Netch in Solstheim, if dismissed in Skyrim, he's often found near the boats in Windhelm, due to a glitch in his path-finding. When dismissed in Solstheim, he's often found outside of the Retching Netch.
- Northern Maiden in Windhelm. Sometimes, Teldryn will act as though he has been dismissed during or after combat. When spoken to, he will ask for his pay to rejoin the Dragonborn again. If this is denied, he will go missing and will not be found anywhere near where he has been left, the Retching Netch, or on the
- He may be found wandering just outside of Raven Rock, somewhat north of the Earth Stone.
- Solution: Paying his fee should make him work as normal.
- In the dialogue menu, there will sometimes appear to be two "I need you to do something" options. One executes the command normally, and the other shows a duplicate of his icon name, only displaying the dialogue option "..." which, if selected, will prompt him to ask if he still needs to do something.