|Temple of Mara|
|Quests||The Book of Love|
- This article is about the temple in Riften. For the temple in the Black Marsh town of Umpholo, see Temple of Mara (Umpholo).
In this temple, the Dragonborn can receive a quest series The Book of Love, involved with the romantic affairs of some of Skyrim's citizens, from Dinya Balu. The Dragonborn can also purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal which adds a 10 percent bonus to Restoration spells when equipped and allows the Dragonborn to marry certain citizens.
How to get marriedEdit
- Main article: Marriage
- First, acquire an Amulet of Mara. If in Riften, Maramal, a priest of Mara, sells Amulets of Mara. He can be found at the Temple of Mara or The Bee and Barb inn.
- Chat with Maramal about Mara and weddings and he will ask if the Dragonborn knows how marriage works in Skyrim. After the explanation, the Dragonborn can purchase an Amulet of Mara from him for 200 .
- Equipping this amulet indicates to other citizens that the wearer is available. Locate a compatible citizen and speak with them. Some citizens cannot be married and others require that certain tasks be performed beforehand.
- Travel back to the temple in Riften, talk to the priest, and have a ceremony.
- The Amulet of Mara used for marrage does not have to be purchased form Maramal. It can be purchased elsewhere, removed from a corpse, found in a chest or even taken from a Draugr.
This section contains bugs related to Temple of Mara. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If the Dragonborn has a common name, a duplicate of them may appear as a random pilgrim worshiping in the temple. This person, if spoken to, may speak a word of power (similar to the Greybeards), nothing, or dialog from the priest of Mara. It otherwise cannot be interacted with or targeted for any purpose.