|Location||West of Solitude|
The Thalmor Embassy serves as a base of operations for the Third Aldmeri Dominion in Skyrim. After Diplomatic Immunity, the main building is impossible to enter, with no enemies carrying the corresponding key.
Hoping to discover secret information about the Dragon Crisis, Delphine sends the Dragonborn to the Thalmor Embassy. Disguised as a guest attending Elenwen's party, the Dragonborn creates a distraction and discovers several dossiers and letters about the Civil War in Skyrim, but nothing about the Dragon Crisis. The Dragonborn does, however, learn that a Dragon Loremaster of the Blades, Esbern, is in Skyrim and is wanted by the Thalmor. Attempting to escape, the Dragonborn discovers Etienne Rarnis, a member of the Thieves Guild who was being interrogated by the Thalmor in regards to Esbern's presence in Riften.
The barracks in the Thalmor Embassy can still be accessed after Diplomatic Immunity and is a great source of Altmer blood, which is needed for activating the Dwemer mechanism at Septimus Signus's Outpost.
- Etienne Rarnis
- Jarl Idgrod Ravencrone
- Maven Black-Briar
- Skill Book (Illusion): Before the Ages of Man
- Stones of Barenziah
- A bottle of Colovian Brandy by talking to the waitress with the platter of drinks in the entrance room.
- Two Elven Daggers
- Gold and Emerald Circlet
- Gold and Ruby Circlet
- Elven and Glass armor sets, depending on level.
- Unusual Gem will become unavailable after completing Diplomatic Immunity. (Fixed With 1.4 Patch, but it still may happen.)
- Unplayable after killing Thalmor guards before Diplomatic Immunity quest. (Fixed in 1.5 Patch.)
- If a dragon priest mask or gold is given to Malborn, there is a chance it may not appear in the larder and will be lost forever.
- The Dragonborn may access the Embassy through a glitch in the Reeking Cave after completing Diplomatic Immunity. It is also possible to regain access by jumping a horse over the fence to the left of the embassy building.