Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Befriend the Jarl of The Reach.
- Assist five citizens of The Reach.
- purchase Vlindrel Hall
- Return to the Jarl.
To become a Thane of The Reach, the Dragonborn needs to kill groups of Forsworn for the Jarl and his Steward. Then they must retrieve Hrolfdir's Shield (this quest is only given when at level 20 or higher). The Dragonborn must then help five citizens of Markarth and own Vlindrel Hall to become a Thane.
There are several easy ways to assist the people of The Reach:
|Ainethach||Sanuarach Mine||Karthwasten||Convince Atar to leave Sauranach Mine.|
|Atar||Sanuarach Mine||Sanuarach Mine||Convince Ainethach to sell Saunaruch Mine.|
|Banning||Delivery||Markarth||Deliver Spiced Beef to Voada.|
|Brother Verulus||The Taste of Death||Hall of the Dead||Investigate the Hall of the Dead.|
|Calcelmo||Nimhe, the Poisoned One||Understone Keep/Nchuand-Zel Excavation Site||Kill Nimhe inside Nchuand-Zel.|
|Cosnach||Fight! Fight!||Markarth||Beat Cosnach in a brawl.|
|Cosnach||Quest all Drunks Have||Markarth||Give an alcoholic beverage to Cosnach.|
|Degaine||Quest all Beggars Have||Markarth||Give a gold coin to Degaine.|
|Degaine||Quest all Drunks Have||Markarth||Give an alcoholic beverage to Degaine.|
|Degaine||The Heart of Dibella||Markath||Steal a Dibella Statue for Degaine.|
|Eydis||The Ghost of Old Hroldan||Old Hroldan Inn/Radiant||Find Hjalti's Sword and return it to the Ghost of Old Hroldan.|
|Ghorza gra-Bagol||Skilled Apprenticeship||Markarth/Radiant||Find a copy of Last Scabbard of Akrash.|
|Kerah||Calcelmo's Ring||Markarth||Deliver a ring to Calcelmo.|
|Lisbet||Dibella's Shine||Markarth/Radiant||Retrieve Lisbet's shipment.|
|Moth gro-Bagol||Coated in Blood||Understone Keep||Bring a Daedra's Heart to Moth.|
|Omluag||A Few Words with You||Markarth||Talk to Mulush about Omluag.|
|Ondolemar||Search and Seizure||Markarth||Find evidence of Ogmund's Talos worship.|
|Pavo Attius||Kolskeggr Mine||Pavo's House/Kolskeggr Mine||Clear the Forsworn from Kolskeggr Mine.|
|Perth||Soljund's Sinkhole||Soljund's Sinkhole||Clear the draugr from Soljund's Sinkhole.|
|Rogatus Salvius||Rogatus's Letter||Salvius Farm/Old Hroldan Inn||Deliver a letter to Leontius Salvius.|
|Skaggi Scar-Face||Mine Ore||Left Hand Mine||Gather some iron ore for Skaggi Scar-Face.|
|Vigdis Salvius||Gather Wheat||Salvius Farm||Gather crops for Vigdis Salvius.|
Alternatively, the Dragonborn can side with the Stormcloaks and take The Reach by force through the Civil War quests. This will change the Jarl to Thongvor Silver-Blood and the Dragonborn will immediately be granted the permission to purchase property and become a Thane without doing anything else.
|Thane of the Reach|
|Purchase a house in Markarth|
|Return to <Jarl>
This section contains bugs related to Thane of the Reach. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Occasionally when first speaking to the Jarl, instead of offering quests he will immediately grant the title of Thane of the Reach, and allow the purchase of property and assign a housecarl.
- No One Escapes Cidhna Mine" before starting the quest chain to become a Thane, the steward may no longer offer the quests required, making that route to becoming Thane inaccessible.
If the Forsworn were aided in the quest "
- This can be fixed on the PC by using the console command "SetStage Favor157 10" to force start the quest to obtain the shield. Pressing M while the quest is highlighted on the log will cause the map give directions. Once given the shield, the Jarl will offer to let the Dragonborn buy a house, and the steward will have the dialogue to sell it.
Argis the Bulwark may not be appointed as housecarl and never appear in Vlindrel Hall.
- May be fixed by buying all the upgrades to Vlindrel hall.
- If already a Thane before the quest "Season Unending," the citizens of The Reach may need to be helped again.