Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Beauty and the Bandit is a quest in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.
- Talk to Maurrie Aurmine, on the road in between Pelagiad and Balmora, about a bandit she has been robbed by.
- Deliver her glove to the bandit, Nelos Onmar, in the Halfway Tavern in Pelagiad.
- Deliver Nelos Onmar's note to Maurrie.
- Head over to Emusette Bracques at Plot and Plaster in Tel Aruhn if you are a male, or Barnand Erelie at Sethan's Tradhouse in Tel Branora if you are female, for your reward.
In between the road from Pelagiad to Balmora, you will likely find a young Breton woman by the name of Maurrie Aurmine. Talk to her, and you'll discover that she has been robbed by a bandit by the name of Nelos Onmar, but has also fallen in love with him. She requests that you help her find this bandit and give him her left glove as a token of affection. She offers no reward and requests you do this only for "the sake of love". She believes Nelos headed to Pelagiad. You can either refuse the request, ending the quest, or accept it.
Head on over to Pelagiad and ask around town about Nelos Onmar. You will find out he is at the Halfway Tavern. Head over there and talk to him about Maurrie Aurmine. He will express his regret for robbing her and then takes the glove and gives you a note to deliver to Maurrie.
Head back over to Maurrie and give her the note. She will express gratitude towards you and attempts to set you up with somebody. The "somebody' will depend on your gender, if you are male it will be Emusette Bracques at Plot and Plaster in Tel Aruhn, or if you are female, Barnand Erelie at Sethan's Tradehouse in Tel Branora. Go meet your appropriate match for your reward.
After speaking to Maurrie Aurmine:
- While on the road northwest of Pelagiad, I met a beautiful young Breton woman, Maurrie Aurmine, who seemed distressed after being attacked by a bandit.
After Maurrie tells you about the bandit:
- It seems this young woman is not as distressed as I thought she was...or at least not for the reasons I thought she was. It seems that although this bandit, Nelos Onmar, has stolen her jewels and her gold, he has also stolen her heart. Foolish girl.
After Maurrie asks you to find the bandit:
- Maurrie has asked me to track down this Nelos, and to deliver to him her glove as a token of her affection. It seems a silly task, as she offers no reward, and asks me to do this simply for the sake of love.
After accepting Maurrie's request to find Nelos Onmar:
- I have agreed to try and find the bandit Nelos Onmar, and to deliver the glove of this young Breton woman. She believes he is in Pelagiad, so perhaps I can find more out about him there. I fear for her heart, for these outlaws care nothing for others, only for the booty they can obtain.
After refusing Maurrie's request to find Nelos Onmar:
- I've decided not to attempt to find the bandit Nelos Onmar. I have no time for this silly girl's childish fantasies.
After speaking to Nelos Onmar:
- I have located Nelos Onmar, and brought to him Maurrie's glove. He seemed moved by this, and has given me a note to give to her. Perhaps this rogue can be moved by the young woman's heart, but perhaps it is but a game to him. Either way, I have been given his note to deliver to her.
After giving the note to Maurrie and if you are female:
- I have brought the note from Nelos Onmar back to Maurrie Aurmine. She seemed overwhelmed by its contents, and is full of gratitude for my having delivered it. In return, she has suggested I visit her friend Barnand Erelie in Tel Branora. She believes I would do well to meet this man, and that we might enjoy one another's company. I have seen stranger things happen in the past few days.
After giving the note to Maurrie and if your male:
- I have brought the note from Nelos Onmar back to Maurrie Aurmine. She seemed overwhelmed by its contents, and is full of gratitude for my having delivered it. In return, she has suggested I visit her friend Emusette Bracques in Tel Aruhn. She believes I would do well to meet this woman, and that we might enjoy one another's company. I have seen stranger things happen in the past few days.
After talking to Barnand Erelie a female:
- I have visited Barnand Erelie, at the suggestion of Maurrie Aurmine. Barnand knew how I had helped Maurrie, and was grateful. He gave me some healing potions as a reward.
After talking to Emusette Bracques as a male:
- I have visited Emusette Bracques, at the suggestion of Maurrie Aurmine. Emusette knew how I had helped Maurrie, and was grateful. She gave me some healing potions as a reward.