Known Black DoorsEdit
- The Black Door in Cheydinhal asks, "What is the color of night?" with the answer being: "Sanguine, my brother"". The correct answer does not become available until the Hero of Kvatch completes their first contract for Lucien Lachance.
- The Black Door in Falkreath asks, "What is the music of life?" with the correct answer being: Silence, my brother. Answering incorrectly results in the door replying, "You are not worthy". The correct response is not an option until the Dragonborn learns it during either the Destroy the Dark Brotherhood! or With Friends Like These... quests.
- The Black Door in Dawnstar asks, "What is life's greatest illusion?", to which the correct answer is: "Innocence, my brother." learned during the quest, The Cure for Madness.
- The Black Door in the Gold Coast asks, "What is the flavor of fear?" to which the correct answer is: "Sublime, my Brother."
- The Black Door in the Blackwood Borderlands asks, "What is the gift of death?" to which the answer is: "Solace, my Brother." It grants access to the Xith-Izkul Sanctuary, but is only opened by Green-Venom-Tongue during A Ghost from the Past.
- The Black Door emits a faint, heavy and slow breathing noise as well as deep, heavy heartbeats.
- The Black Door dialogue cannot be skipped, much like a conversation with a Daedric prince.
- When the door asks the player the question "What is life's greatest illusion?", there is an an option to say "Dreams are reality, and reality is really a dream?" This may be a reference to the knowledge gained when one achieves the state of CHIM known as Zero-Sum.[OOG 1]
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Dark Brotherhood
Notice: The following are out-of-game references. They are not found in any in-game books, but can still be considered part of The Elder Scrolls lore and are included for completeness.