The Bounty is a Temples quest available during the events of The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall. The Resolution of Z'en, after acquiring the services of the Agent, need to have a problematic thief dealt an early death.
- Speak with a Missionary from the Resolution of Z'en.
- Journey to and enter the dungeon.
- Search for and then kill the thief.
- Return to the Missionary before the time limit expires to complete the quest.
Having spent some time serving the Resolution of Z'en, the Agent will be offered a unique quest by one of the Resolution's Missionaries. The Missionary will reveal that a thief has been conducting an almost personal crusade against the Resolution, having attacked a trade Caravan under the Resolution's protection, before setting up an illegal toll. The Agent is therefore dispatched to kill the thief for their excessive crimes.
Having been given the thief's location, a dungeon in the same region, the Agent will have to journey to and then enter said dungeon. From there they will have to fight through the usual collection of dungeon enemies until they find the thief. Conformation of finding the thief will be found when they are attacked, for the thief will exclaim:
Once the thief lies dead the Agent must escape the dungeon and return to the Missionary before the time limit expires.
The Missionary will reward the Agent with a random amount of should they return before the time limit expires. The success or failure of the Agent in undertaking the quest will affect their reputation in the Temple:
|The Bounty - j0b00y00|
The Resolution of Zenithar has sent me to kill a thief who has been ransacking their caravans. [Dungeon] is the crook's hideout. I need to kill the thief and be back at [temple town] in [x] days.
- Although the target enemy is labelled as a thief in the dialogue, they can technically appear as one of:
- NPCs can make a variety of comments about the quest when asked for any news:
- "That footpad is single-handedly ruining the economy."
- "They think that highwayman is a thief, but the crook is highly trained with a blade."
- "The merchants are pretty happy that they finally got that thief."
- "I don't care that they got that nightblade. The roads still aren't safe."
- "That robber moved to a different hideout, but the roads still aren't safe."
- "I don't know why they can't arrest that highwayman. It ought to be easy."
|The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall – Temples|
|Temples||Akatosh Chantry • Order of Arkay • House of Dibella • School of Julianos • Temple of Kynareth • Benevolence of Mara • Temple of Stendarr • Resolution of Z'en|
|Templar Orders||Order of the Hour • Knights of the Circle • Order of the Lily • Knights Mentor • Kynaran Order • Maran Knights • Crusaders • Knights of Iron|
|Non-member Quests||The Healing • The Spook • The Stolen Item • An Errand|
|Member Quests||The Haunted House • The Obsessed Child • The Missing Scholar • The Insane Priest • Hunt for Undead • The Heretic • The Cursed Weapon • The Expiatory Sacrifice • A Delivery • The Relic • The Rite of Atonement • The Great Evil|
|Unique Quests||Avenge the Dragons • The Desecrated Temple • Desired Artwork • The Price of Knowledge • The Arm of Fury • A Powerful Spirit • A Special Plant • The Bounty|