The Chill is an unmarked location found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It is a cave found due north of the College of Winterhold that serves as a prison for those who have committed crime in Winterhold Hold.
Inside are three adept locked cages guarded by a frost atronach. Three frost atronachs attack upon exiting the cave and possibly two horkers. If the Dragonborn is sent to prison in Winterhold, they end up here.
They arrive with all of their gear so it is very easy to break out of if one has lockpicks. If they are of high enough level, they can easily kill the frost atronachs guarding the exit and quickly travel away. Inside the two other cages are skeletal remains containing minor loot.
- Four frost salts, looted from the bodies of the frost atronachs.
- Two gold ore veins above the cave entrance.
- Two iron ore veins in the stretch of land just north of the cave.
- From the iron ore veins, swim eastward to an island to find a silver ore vein on the shore at the base of the ice cliff.
- Past the silver ore vein, and due east of the Chill, is an orichalcum ore vein, near an iceberg.
- Corundum ore vein, a short distance northwest of the cave entrance.
- Iron ore vein south of the Chill and east of Septimus Signus' Outpost.
- In the German version of Skyrim, The Chill is known as "The Cold Warehouse".