- Main article: Main Quest (Morrowind)
The Citadels of the Sixth House is the final quest of the Main Questline of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.
- Travel to the Ghostgate.
- Optional: acquire the Map of Red Mountain.
- Retrieve Sunder and Keening.
- Optional: defeat the seven Ash Vampires, each found in their own citadel.
- Speak to Dagoth Ur.
- Defeat Dagoth Ur.
- Find the Heart of Lorkhan in Akulakhan's Chamber.
- Equip Wraithguard and Sunder and strike the Heart once.
- Use Keening to strike the heart until it is destroyed.
- Defeat Dagoth Ur and escape from the crumbling Akulakhan.
- Speak to Azura.
- Take the ring and leave.
- Optional: If the Nerevarine follows the indications given by Vivec, they will speak to a Buoyant Armiger inside the Ghostgate's Tower of Dusk. The Armiger was waiting to give to the Hero the Map of Red Mountain. This will mark five citadels on the Nerevarine's map. Visiting these five citadels inside the Ghostfence, and two more outside, and defeating the seven Ash Vampires found within, will weaken Dagoth Ur:
Sunder and KeeningEdit
Having acquired Keening and Sunder, the Nerevarine must now find Dagoth Ur.
The Citadel of Dagoth Ur is on the edge of the Red Mountain's mouth, it is large and inhabited by many hostile creatures, in one of the furthest sections of the citadel, the Facility Cavern, Dagoth Ur will be waiting for the Nerevarine.
- Optional: If the Hero engages in a conversation with Ur, the latter will ask several questions to the Nerevarine about their intentions, while entertaining the possibility that they may had joined him, then will ask if the Nerevarine has questions of their own. There are many topics to choose from reguarding the plans of Dagoth Ur and what he intended to do with Akulakhan. Whatever the reponses and the questions chosen, when the dialogue finishes, Ur will attack the Hero.
After seemingly defeating him, Ur disappears and a, previously blocked, door opens, also revealing the Heart Ring lying on the floor by the door.
Behind the door lies a very large cavern with the inanimate giant Akulakhan standing in the center, the Heart of Lorkhan can be seen attached to its stomach. The Nerevarine must strike the heart with Sunder once, then hit it with Keening until it is destroyed. Confronting directly Dagoth Ur can prove very challenging, as his health is very high, as is his health regeneration. The Hero can either levitate, or follow the ledge that goes around the cavern to a lower level, where there is a bridge to reach the heart. Once the heart is destroyed, and the Nerevarine reaches the ledge on the way out, the giant will fall broken into pieces and Dagoth Ur follows, falling to his death. the Nerevarine must leave the way they came, the door to the previous area is blocked, but a crank, not far, will open it. Once back in the Facility Cavern, Azura in the form of a Spirit will appear, and tell the Hero that they "achieved their destiny and are free. The prophecies are fulfilled, and the Blight is gone". She will give the Nerevarine the enchanted Ring of Azura.
- Ring of Azura
- Blood Ring
- Heart Ring
- Amulet of Heartfire
- Amulet of Heartheal
- Blood Feast Shield
- Due to a scripting error, if Dagoth Ur has not been encountered at least once before killing the seven Ash Vampires, their deaths will not weaken him.
- After this quest, many people will have the conversation topic "Nerevarine". If it is chosen, the person's dispositon for the Nerevarine will raise +10.
|The Citadels of the Sixth House|
|Buoyant Armigers at Ghostgate told me that all their intelligence is old. No one has ventured far inside the fence for years. They gave me a map showing the locations of the citadels of the various ash vampires. Sixth House creatures have become more numerous and powerful, and the most powerful can conjure powerful daedra. There are no safe refuges or services inside the fence; I must return to Ghostgate to rest and heal.
|In the ruins of Kogoruhn, I have slain Dagoth Uthol the Ash Vampire, chief lieutenant of the Sixth House and kin to Dagoth Ur.
|In Citadel Vemynal, I have slain Dagoth Vemyn the Ash Vampire, chief lieutenant of the Sixth House and kin to Dagoth Ur.|
|In Citadel Endusal, I have slain Dagoth Endus the Ash Vampire, chief lieutenant of the Sixth House and kin to Dagoth Ur.|
|In Citadel Odrosal, I have slain Dagoth Odros the Ash Vampire, chief lieutenant of the Sixth House and kin to Dagoth Ur.|
|In Citadel Tureynulal, I have slain Dagoth Tureynul the Ash Vampire, chief lieutenant of the Sixth House and kin to Dagoth Ur.|
|In Citadel Dagoth, I have slain Dagoth Gilvoth the Ash Vampire, chief lieutenant of the Sixth House and kin to Dagoth Ur.|
|In Citadel Dagoth, I have slain Dagoth Araynys the Ash Vampire, chief lieutenant of the Sixth House and kin to Dagoth Ur.|
|In Citadel Odrosal I discovered the artifact blade Keening, one of the enchanted tools created by the Dwemer Craftlord Kagrenac.
||In Citadel Vemynal I discovered the artifact hammer Sunder, one of the enchanted tools created by the Dwemer Craftlord Kagrenac.
||In Citadel Vemynal I discovered an enchanted hammer called Sunder. It appears to be one of the enchanted tools created by the Dwemer Craftlord Kagrenac. But I can handle it without injury when I don't have Wraithguard equipped, and that seems very wrong.
|Dagoth Endus gave me a bottle of ancient Dagoth brandy.
|I found Dagoth Ur, and spoke with him. He asked me questions, and let me answer questions in return. And when all the questions had been asked and answered, there was nothing left to say. The time for words is past. Now only deeds can resolve this matter between Dagoth Ur and I.
|I found Dagoth Ur, and fought with him, and defeated him, but I did not destroy him. He seems to have escaped in a spirit form, perhaps to return and restore from the Heart's power. I must pursue him, and find and destroy the enchantments on the Heart of Lorkhan.|
|I found the Heart of Lorkhan within the giant artifact Akulakhan. I struck the Heart with Sunder, then struck it again and again with Keening until the enchantment was destroyed. Severed from the sustaining power of the Heart, Dagoth Ur was destroyed. But the disturbance triggered an earthquake, and I had to flee for my life.|
|As I fled from the destruction of the Chamber of Akulakhan, I encountered the presence of the Daedra Lord Azura. She told me I had achieved my destiny and was free. The prophecies are fulfilled, and the Blight gone. But now I am Hortator and Nerevarine, Protector of Morrowind, and must defend the people from monsters and villains. She gave me a ring as a token of thanks and blessing.
|Main Quest (The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind)|
|The Blades Quests||Report to Caius Cosades • Antabolis Informant • Gra-Muzgob Informant • Vivec Informants • Zainsubani Informant • Meet Sul-Matuul • Sixth House Base • Corprus Cure • Mehra Milo and the Lost Prophecies|
|The Trials||The Path of the Incarnate • Redoran Hortator • Hlaalu Hortator • Telvanni Hortator • Urshilaku Nerevarine • Ahemmusa Nerevarine • Zainab Nerevarine • Erabenimsun Nerevarine|
|The Sixth House||Hortator and Nerevarine • The Citadels of the Sixth House|
|Optional||Sleepers Awake • Yagrum Bagarn and Wraithguard|