The Desecrated Temple is a Temples quest available during the events of The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall. Having been enlisted by the Temple of Arkay, the Agent is tasked with destroying a powerful lycanthrope roaming around one of the Iliac Bay's dungeons.
After joining the Temple of Arkay, the Agent will have to complete a series of randomly assigned quests on their behalf, in order to gain ranks and associated benefits.
- Speak with a Missionary from the Temple of Arkay.
- Journey to an enter the dungeon specified.
- Search for and destroy the lycanthrope.
- Escape the dungeon and return to the Missionary before the time limit expires to complete the quest.
Sometime after joining the Temple of Arkay the Agent will be informed, by one of the Temple's Missionaries, that one of the Temple's "shrines" has been desecrated. As the Temple revolves around "Balance", the source of the this desecration, a lycanthrope, must be destroyed. The Agent is therefore sent to remove the beast's influence from the "shrine", a nearby dungeon.
Balancing the BeastEdit
The Agent will have to journey to and then enter the specified dungeon to begin their hunt, battling through the usual collection of creatures that inhabit it. Eventually, the Agent will come across a were-beast, either a werewolf or a wereboar. Once the were-beast is dead (confirmed by a notification), the Agent must escape the dungeon and return to the Missionary, within the time limit, to complete the quest.
The Missionary will reward the Agent with a random amount of should they return before the time limit expires. The success or failure of the Agent in undertaking the quest will also affect their reputation in the Temple:
|The Desecrated Temple - e0b00y00|
[Missionary's name] of the Temple of Arkay offered to pay me [random gold] gold pieces to slay a werecreature lurking in [dungeon], a former temple of theirs. I have [x] days to do it and be back to [town].
- It is possible to face other were-beasts within the dungeon.
- The only way to know which beast is the target is to kill it.
- NPCs, when asked for any news, will have a variety of responses to make relating to the quest.
- "I've heard there's some kind of werewolf on the loose around here."
- "I hear the wereboar's found a lair in someplace called [dungeon]."
- "Didja hear that howling last night? Wolf howling?"
- "I hear they found out that werewolf was a priest during the day!"
- "A lot of people feel safer knowing that wereboar is dead."
- "You heard about that werecreature some [player's race] hunted down?"
- "Lupines are real nomads, I guess. I hear our loup moved down south."
- "My cousin tells me that our wereboar was spotted down south aways."
|The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall – Temples|
|Temples||Akatosh Chantry • Order of Arkay • House of Dibella • School of Julianos • Temple of Kynareth • Benevolence of Mara • Temple of Stendarr • Resolution of Z'en|
|Templar Orders||Order of the Hour • Knights of the Circle • Order of the Lily • Knights Mentor • Kynaran Order • Maran Knights • Crusaders • Knights of Iron|
|Non-member Quests||The Healing • The Spook • The Stolen Item • An Errand|
|Member Quests||The Haunted House • The Obsessed Child • The Missing Scholar • The Insane Priest • Hunt for Undead • The Heretic • The Cursed Weapon • The Expiatory Sacrifice • A Delivery • The Relic • The Rite of Atonement • The Great Evil|
|Unique Quests||Avenge the Dragons • The Desecrated Temple • Desired Artwork • The Price of Knowledge • The Arm of Fury • A Powerful Spirit • A Special Plant • The Bounty|