The Dragonslayer is a Knight Order quest, available during the events of The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall. The Agent is tasked by their Knight Order to kill a Dragonling, which will threaten the region should it be allowed to grow to a Dragon.
After completing several quests for one of the ten Knight Orders of the Iliac Bay, the Agent will be accepted into said Order. From that point on they will have to make their way up the internal rank ladder to gain more lucrative and noteworthy quests, to improve their reputation.
- Speak with a Quester from a joined Knight Order.
- Journey to and enter the specified dungeon.
- Track down and slay the Dragonling.
- Escape back to the Quester before the time limit expires to complete the quest.
Having risen through the ranks of a Knight Order by raising their reputation, the Agent will be told of an urgent task. A Quester from the Order has just been told that a Dragonling has been found inside a local dungeon, a threat that will become a problem for the future of the region if it is not dealt with swiftly. The Agent is duly sent to destroy the dragonling forthwith, and warned that there may be other dragonlings within the dungeon.
Dungeons and DragonlingsEdit
The Agent must journey to and enter the specified dungeon to begin the quest, battling their way through the usual assortment of creatures and humanoids. Depending on the Agent's level, there may be several dragonlings throughout the dungeon, although it is only the quest target that needs slaying. When the target dragonling lies dead the Agent will remark:
With the dragonling no longer a threat, the Agent must escape the dungeon and return to the Quester before the time limit expires.
The Agent will not receive any physical reward for completing the quest successfully, but will instead get a huge boost to their reputation within the region. The penalties for failing the quest remain true to a usual quest:
|The Dragonling - b0b70y16|
[Quester's name] of Questers in [town] told me that a dragon's egg hatched in [dungeon]. I have [x] days to slay the beast and bask in the glory of the deed.
- Despite the fact that Dragons are a symbol of the Kingdom of Daggerfall, the Agent can still receive this quest for the Knights of the Dragon.
- The soul of the target dragonling can be used to create enchanted items with the Item Maker.
- NPCs, if asked for any news, will make a variety of comments about the quest if it is completed successfully:
- "The dragon in [dungeon] was fifty feet long!"
- "The [dungeon] dragon was a hundred feet long!"
- "The dragon that [player's race] slew ate forty cows for lunch!"
- If the quest ends in failure, or the Agent is yet to complete it, NPCs will be ignorant to its existence:
- Failure: "[Knightly order] went stomping about in [dungeon] for no reason."
|The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall – Knight Orders|
|Allies of Daggerfall||Knights of the Dragon • Knights of the Owl|
|Allies of Wayrest||Knights of the Flame • Knights of the Rose • Order of the Raven|
|Allies of Sentinel||Host of the Horn • Knights of the Hawk • Knights of the Wheel • Order of the Candle • Knights of the Scarab|
|Non-member Quests||The Traitor • The Hunter • Band of Orcs • Pest Control|
|Member Quests||Rescue a Princess • Retribution • Crazed Orc Mercenary • The Orcish Hoard • The Orc Raids • Giant Raiding • Banish the Ghost • Eternal Rest|
|Elite Member Quests||The Dragonslayer • Invasion from Oblivion • Artifact of Power • The Army of the Undead • The Lost Artifact|