The Ebony Warrior is an experienced Redguard warrior who approaches the Dragonborn when they reach level 80 and explains how he has defeated all types of foes and enemies, and his last objective is to be sent to Sovngarde by a worthy adversary.
Upon reaching level 80, the Ebony Warrior will usually seek out the Dragonborn at the first Hold entered. However, if that does not occur, possible locations for the Ebony Warrior on the holds are:
- Whiterun, by the Hold gates
- Riften, outside The Scorched Hammer, by the forge
- Markarth, outside The Warrens
- Windhelm, behind Candlehearth Hall
- Falkreath, by the Hold entrance
- Solitude, by the Hall of the Dead
If the Dragonborn travels to Last Vigil and meets the Ebony Warrior, he will be standing there waiting to fight. Combat is initiated after making the first strike. The quest completes when the Ebony Warrior is killed.
|The Ebony Warrior – DLC2EbonyWarriorQuest|
|10||A warrior in Ebony tried to talk to me on the streets of <Alias=StartCity>.
|100||A warrior in Ebony approached me in <Alias=StartCity>. He has challenged me to fight him at his last vigil, wherever that is.
|200||I have defeated the Ebony Warrior. May his soul find rest in Sovngarde.
This section contains bugs related to The Ebony Warrior. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If using Dragon Aspect, when the Ancient Dragonborn is summoned (the Dragonborn reaches half health), the Ebony Warrior may regain all health and ignore the Dragonborn until attacked again.
- The Ebony Warrior may not always appear in the first nor the first few Holds entered at level 80. Simply traveling to all the Hold capitals will usually fix this bug.
- If the Dragonborn has a level higher than 80 and has not yet encountered the Ebony Warrior before the final battle of the Skyrim Civil War, it is possible that the Ebony Warrior will be waiting for them in the city the final battle will take place.