Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- See also: Thieves Guild (Online)
The Elder Scrolls Online: The Thieves Guild is a DLC for The Elder Scrolls Online. It was released on March 7th, 2016 for PC and Mac, March 22nd for Xbox One, and March 23rd for Playstation 4. The DLC takes place in Abah's Landing, found in Hew's Bane, Hammerfell, though a number of quests take place in different locations around Tamriel.
New features and contentEdit
- Zone: Hew's Bane
- 12-player Trial: Maw of Lorkhaj
- Passive Skill Line for Thieves Guild (Similar to Fighters and Mages Guild Skill Trees)
- Introduction of the Iron Wheel, a mercenary group hunting the Thieves Guild.
- Larceny System - Complete with repeatable jobs in and around Abah's Landing.
- The city of Abah's Landing
- Two Delves:
- Two Group Bosses:
- Seven landmarks:
- Three Wayshrines
- Quen's quests
- Walks-Softly's quests
- Velsa's quests
- Zeira's quest
- The Cutpurse's Craft
- Master of Heists
- Thieves Guild jobs
- Rye's jobs
Concept art for Thieves Guild weapons and armor was first shown at QuakeCon in July 2014. Datamined content showed that the city of Abah's Landing would have been on Cybiades, an island in northern Hammerfell.
Datamining contained factions known as the Twilight Lodge and Violet Lodge, which were cultist groups revering Nocturnal. A mission at the great altar for Nocturnal would have been involved with being recruited into the guild. The altar would have been located in Headsman Cosh's manor, before Cosh's rank was changed to Merchant Lord. In the All about Tamriel Unlimited ESO Live episode that aired on January 21, 2015, a preview of Abah's Landing was shown, designed with a rather different layout. The altar of nocturnal, as well early colorful designs for Thieves Guild armors. The city of Abah's Landing itself was, at that point, littered with wild vegetation and trees, as well as many traversable platforms connected to buildings that players would have traveled on.
At some point however, this premise of the DLC was scrapped. The zone was changed to Hew's Bane; a region of Hammerfell opposite to Cybiades, located on the southern end of the province rather than the north. Whereas the Cybiades version of Abah's Landing was full of plant life, Hew's Bane was a very barren land where little grew. The zone lead Anna Murchison said that the general design of Abah's Landing was based on that of The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard architecture, which was also the game that Hew's Bane was first officially given a name. The zone of Hew's Bane was based off of Australia, outlined in early development as a desert area considered to be inhospitable, where "everything wants to kill you".
- Main article: Update 9
- The DLC was originally designed to have many more platforms and boards built on the sides of structures, which would be used for traversing around the city. The number of these platforms was cut down when the DLC was released for public testing.
- ↑ Thieves Guild Launch Details and New Video
- ↑ Future of The Elder Scrolls Online Panel ― QuakeCon 2014
- ↑ Mudcrab Order Request (Datamined). The Imperial Library (August 23, 2014). Archived from the original on May 12, 2015.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 ESO Live: All about Tamriel Unlimited 1/21/2015 ― Twitch
- ↑ Map of western Tamriel in Redguard
- ↑ ESO: The Year Ahead - 2016
|Arena • Daggerfall • Morrowind (Tribunal | Bloodmoon) • Oblivion • (Knights of the Nine | Shivering Isles)|
Skyrim (Dawnguard | Hearthfire | Dragonborn | Special Edition)
|Battlespire • Redguard • Eye of Argonia • Paradise Sugar • Travels (Stormhold | Dawnstar | Shadowkey | Oblivion Mobile)|
Travels: Oblivion • Online (Imperial City | Orsinium | Thieves Guild | Dark Brotherhood | Shadows of the Hist) • Legends
|Arena Manual • Arena Player's Guide • Codex Scientia • Daggerfall Manual • The Daggerfall Chronicles|
Battlespire User's Guide • Battlespire Athenaeum • The Redguard Companion • Morrowind Manual
The Morrowind Prophecies • Oblivion Game Guide • Skyrim Game Guide • Hero's Guides to The Elder Scrolls Online
|The Origin of Cyrus! • The Infernal City • Lord of Souls • The Art of Skyrim • Tales of Tamriel (The Land | The Lore)|
The Skyrim Library (The Histories | Man, Mer, and Beast | The Arcane)