|This page is a TESWiki guideline|
It illustrates standards of conduct that are generally accepted by consensus to apply in many cases. Feel free to update the page as needed, but please use the discussion page to propose major changes.
The glossary is an appendix of phrases, jargon, or slogans used on the wiki.
- "AoE" or "aoe" - Area of effect. The range in which a spell effects something.
- "Anon" - anonymous editors of the wiki. IP addresses. Annonnimus.
- "de-sop" - to remove administrator rights from a user. Antonym of "sop".
- "diff" or "diffs" - the difference between two revisions of an article. A "diff" is linked to from the Recent Changes or Contributions.
- "disambig" - A disambiguation page.
- "DPS" or "dps" - damage per second
- "dupe" - duplicate.
- "Meat shield" - an ally used to catch blows from enemies. A person or animal used as a shield.
- "MOTM" - Member of the month
- "NPOV" - Neutral point of view. Antonym of "POV".
- "Orphan" - An article that is not linked to from any article on the wiki. See Special:LonelyPages.
- OVERLINK - Linking the same words too many times in an article.
- "Permaban" - to block a user from editing for an indefinite amount of time. Usually forever.
- "plain text" - Writing the name to an image without a link. stormcloaks.png versus [[File:Stormcloaks.png|200px]]
- "POV" - Point of view. Writing that is biased or does not meet our standard on neutral point of view.
- "RC" - Recent Changes
- "ref" or "refs" - references
- "revert" or "reversion" or "rv" - undoing an desirable edit made to the wiki.
- "RLR" - red link removal
- "sop" or "sysop" - an admin; to give administrative tools to a user (verb). Antonym of "de-sop".
- "Tank" - a character built to withstand repeated and excessive physical blows, so as to divert, distract, or absorb the aggravation of targets so that weaker or long-ranged allies may attack.
- "TES" - The Elder Scrolls
- "The Wiki Which Shall Not Be Named" - UESP.net