This page lists news items posted at the wiki. To see the most recent news and comments, you might need to refresh this page's cache.
Hey everyone! It's December already, and with that said, it's already Christmas season. As of right now there isn't a ton of Elder Scrolls news to go over. The #10MillionStories event is winding down, and the Crown Store has new items for this month. It's also notable that at the end of last month, Skyrim VR and Skryim on the Nintendo Switch was released.
Since there isn't a ton of actual news, I will be posting some of the stories from #10MillionStories after the Crown Store information. I'll be updating this blog as more information comes in, but for now let's jump into what we have!
10MillionStories, a prize giveway, will be ending on December 6th. Until then, however, the event is in full swing! Complete a random dungeon via the Dungeon Finder – Normal or Veteran mode – to earn a Mysterious Reward Box. This can contain a lot of in-game rewards, ranging from consumables, to pets, costumes, and collection of super rare mounts and houses. You can obtain a Mysterious Reward Box once pe…
Read more >
It's finally time for the Steam Aumtumn sale. Many of our favorite games are on sale, including The Elder Scrolls games! This year, every last single Elder Scrolls game has been marked on sale at 50% off! As always, the The Elder Scrolls: Legends is free to play. The sale is scheduled to end around the 28th.
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Game of the Year Edition) – 50% off (originally $14.99, now $7.49)
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Game of the Year
Edition) – 50% off (originally
$14.99, now $7.49)
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Game of the Year Edition Deluxe) – 50% off (originally $19.99, now $9.99)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition – 50% off (originally $39.99, now $19.99)
This sale is live now, but depending on what platform you play on, it will end at a unique time:
- PC/Mac on the ESO Store: 11/22 at 1pm until 12/7 at 1pm EST
- PC/Mac on the Steam Store: 11/22 at 1pm until 12/6 at 1pm EST
- Xbox Store: 11/17 to 11/28
- PlayStation®Store: 11/21 to 12/6
Note: In Europe, ESO: Morrowind and the ESO: …
Read more >
Hello everyone! November is here, and with that said more Elder Scrolls news. In terms of news for this month, we have a new Elder Scrolls Online update which will include a new transmutation system, along with the release of Clockwork City on November 7th. This month will also include a new Legends expansion, Return to Clockwork City, which will come out on November 30th. In other news, a new prize sweepstakes from Bethesda with a chance to win a free gaming PC along with 299 more prizes! Read on to find out what this month has for Elder Scrolls fans.
Bethesda has a new sweepstakes for 300 lucky Elder Scrolls fans. Between now and December 6th of 2017, enter your story on Bethesda's #10MillionStories sweepstakes forum for a chance to win one of hundreds of prizes! Prizes include a trip to PAX East 2018, a 1 to 3 year ESO Plus membership package, crowns, crates, gold edition, a multitude of different mounts and houses, a full custom gaming PC, and the grand prize winner will even be created in …
Read more >
It's time for the Clockwork City DLC, the latest expansion to The Elder Scrolls Online! Clockwork City is a mechanical city created by Sotha Sil which exists outside of space and time. Elder Scrolls Online players can now enter the Clockwork City and discover what it has in store for them.
The PC version has been released, and the Xbox 1 and PlayStation 4 versions will be released on November 7th, alongside with Update 16. Along with the Clockwork City itself, ESO will also be introduced to item transmutation, where you can tailor your armor to match your playstyle. There will also be a new Trial, as well as a new story line for the DLC. To start the DLC, simply travel to any local Mages Guild headquarters in Tamriel and find the note on a nearby table titled "Order of the Eye Dispatch". Read the note to receive the quest "Of Knives and Long Shadows" and begin your new adventure.
Check out the Clockwork City today, and tell us yourselves what you think of it! For more information, see The …Read more >
Here's a breakdown of the new content for the Elder Scrolls that we learned through E3 2017.
Firstly - there are some new DLCs that will be coming out shortly for .
Namely, these are Horns of the Reach (what should be a dungeon-based DLC set in Skyrim, and The Elder Scrolls Online: Clockwork City - a full DLC chapter likely expanding upon what already occurs in Clockwork City in .
There will also be Paid Mods that can be bought and used for PC/Xbox One/PS4 - bought using credits, rather than cash. (This is a re-attempt at what was previously tried on Steam).is getting some new content shortly.
Heroes of Skyrim is a new DLC coming to Legends 29th June 2017.
Finally - for Nintendo Switch has been confirmed, and shown - and Amibos can be used (Link as the Last Dragonborn anymone?)
- New ESO DLCs and new stuff Article
- Legends Heroes of Skyrim Article
- Heroes of Skyrim Video
- Skyrim Nintendo Switch Video
- Creation Club Annoucement Video
- ESO E3 Video
- General E3 Reveals Article
- Creation Club website
- ESO DL…
Read more >
The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind, the game's most recent expansion, has finally launched today; the PC pre-release is now completed, and the game is available on all platforms. If you've ever wondered what Vvardenfell looked like 700 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, now's your chance to do so!
If you're keen to help out, we're requesting anyone and everyone give us a hand to get content out ASAP for this game—if you're interested, head over to The Elder Scrolls Wiki:Morrowind Project for more. It's worth noting that, at the time of writing this blog, Xbox Users are unable to play, as Xbox Live is currently down.Read more >
As of today, June 1st, 2017, The Game of the Year Deluxe Edition of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, the fourth game in The Elder Scrolls series, is available for purchase DRM-free on the GOG ("Good Old Games") store, which is a similar platform to Steam.
Oblivion is the sixth title in the series to be sold on GOG, alongside The Elder Scrolls: Arena (1994), The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall (1996) An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire (1997), The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard (1998), and The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (2002).
As the version on GOG is DRM-free, you do not require any sort of activation or internet connection whatsoever to play the game. This is not the case with most Steam games, in which you are simply borrowing the software from the developers and do not have full control over your copy.Read more >
Update: the NDA is now lifted, as the early access servers have been opened to PC/Mac players.
As of today, April 17th, 2017, ZeniMax has officially begun the closed beta for The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind. If you were invited, you should have received an email from ZeniMax and an invitation to a private forum to report bugs encountered in the upcoming expansion.
Please note, however, that by accepting the invitation, you are agreeing not to discuss anything about your experience playing the expansion until the NDA (non-disclosure agreement) is lifted. This extends to adding information to the wiki; any closed beta content that is found on the wiki will be removed.
You can access the PTS (Public Test Server) on which the expansion is set by clicking on the Settings icon on the game's launcher, then checking the box, "Show Public Test Environment." Then click "Apply" and select the option "The Elder Scrolls Online (PTS)" and press "Install" on the bottom right. The download will most …Read more >
Since its original reveal almost two years ago at E3 in June 2015 and its public beta in July 2016, The Elder Scrolls: Legends has long been anticipated for an official release. After undergoing a number of changes and improvements, on March 9th, 2017, the game is now officially out of beta on PC. It is planned to be released on a number of other platforms, listed below:
- March 23, 2017 for iPad
- April 2017 for Android
- May 2017 for Mac OS
- Summer 2017 for Mobile phones
The first expansion for the game is called The Fall of the Dark Brotherhood and will be released on April 5th. It contains over 25 new chapters, which are split into 3 maps, and playsets of 40 exclusive cards. A complimentary Doom Wolf mount is included, and those who pre-purchase it will receive a an exclusive premium version of a card and an in-game title. The story itself is based around the events described in Cicero's Journal, with characters such as Cicero, Garnag, and The Night Mother also appearing in the expansion. It wil…Read more >
As of today, February 6th, 2017, the Homestead update—part of Update 13—for The Elder Scrolls Online is released for players on PC/Mac. The update will be released for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on February 21st.
Update 13 adds several homes purchasable by players in many different provinces and for a variety of prices. You can see a list of the available homes here. After obtaining relevant achievements, the houses may be purchased with in-game gold , or alternatively you can buy a house directly with Crowns from the Crown Store.
An overview of the other additions that come alongside homesteads in Update 13 can be found here, or from the original Patch Notes.
- Homestead is Now Live for PC & Mac! – 6 February 2017
- Homestead: Basics Guide – 6 February 2017
- Homestead Guide: Furnishing Crafting FAQ – 13 February 2017
- Homestead Guide: Master Writs – 15 February 2015
After teasing the release of something big with a few teaser trailers and a blog on their social media on the 29th, the Elder Scrolls Online website has officially confirmed a new DLC: Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind with a trailer. Included within this DLC are:
- Over 30 hours of new gameplay
- The new nature magic-based class Warden.
- The largest landmass added at this point in time, with locations ranging from mushroom forests to Vivec City .
- A new trial in the Telvanni Tower of Tel Fyr and the Clockwork City .
- Brand new fast-paced PvP mode that pits 4v4v4 in an arena.
Preordering this DLC will net you the Discovery Pack, which contains:
- Exclusive Warden costume – a costume for all classes that matches the Warden's outfit.
- Dwarven War Dog – a unique armored (non-combatant) in-game pet
- Treasure Maps – maps that reveal the locations of different troves in Vvardenfell.
- Dwarven Crown Crate – a mystery loot crate with the possibility of Dwarven mounts, pets, costumes, etc. inside!
- Experience Scrolls –…
At Nintendo's event unveiling their new console, Todd Howard, director and executive producer at Bethesda Game Studios, officially announced the Nintendo Switch port of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The day after, Nintendo revealed it will be available this fall.
The Switch is Nintendo's upcoming gaming tablet, effectively filling the role of both console and handheld. This means The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will be the first game of the main series to make it to a portable platform in its full glory, outside of The Elder Scrolls Travels series. The Nintendo Switch will launch on March 3rd.
- Nintendo of America on Twitter
- Skyrim on Nintendo Switch on Bethesda.net
The Xbox 360 version of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, the fourth installment in The Elder Scrolls series, is now backwards compatible with the Xbox One. The base game can be purchased for $14.99 from the Xbox Store. However, this does not include the DLCs, which are prices as follows:
- Major DLCs
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine – $4.99
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles – $9.99
- Minor DLCs
- Fighter's Stronghold – $1.88
- Spell Tomes – $1.00
- The Vile Lair – $1.88
- Mehrunes' Razor – $3.13
- The Thieves Den – $1.88
- Wizard's Tower – $1.88
- Orrery – $1.88
- Horse Armor – $2.49
- Miscellaneous items
- Shivering Isles Picture Pack – $1.00
- Shivering Isles Trailer – Free
- Oblivion Race Picture Pack #1 – $1.00
- Oblivion Race Picture Pack #2 – $1.00
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Gameplay Trailer (720p) – Free
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Gameplay Trailer (480p) – Free
- Oblivion Theme – $1.88
- Oblivion: Good Picture Pack – $1.25
- Oblivion: Evil Picture Pack – $1.25
- Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Trailer (720p) – Free
- Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion …
Today marks our return to Skyrim on PC, Xbox One, and PS4. PC users who already own all DLC's and/or the Legendary Edition of the game will recieve a free copy, so don't go out and buy it again if you meet this criteria! While the embargo on review copies has kept us from truly knowing what's different about this edition, we do know that Skyrim: Remastered has recieved a number of graphical enhancements, such as:
- Remastered Art and Effects
- Volumetric Lighting ("God Rays")
- Dynamic Depth of Field
- Screen-Space Reflections
- New Snow and Water Shaders
Alongside these, the inclusion of mods will be available for both consoles, but keep in mind, Xbox One and PC gamers have a FAR BIGGER selection to choose from than their PS4 counterparts. For example, as of launch, PS4 gamers only have access to thirty-eight mods and 1GB has been set aside for it, and Xbox One gamers have access to 119 mods with 5GB set aside. These mods can be attained by signing up for a BETHESDA.net ID and downloading it through …Read more >
Live now for PC/Mac users (Console players will have to wait until the 18th of this month), is the brand new One Tamriel update for The Elder Scrolls Online. Below is a basic gist of what you can expect from this rather extensive update.
- A complete removal of alliance restrictions. Players will be allowed to roam wherever they please, with whoever they please, at whatever level they please.
- Enemies will be automatically leveled near yours, so a weak player doesn't face down a level 60 monster.
- An all-new dueling system has/will be implemented for players.
- Each skill tree has gained some sort of ultimate finisher or ability.
- Craglorn is back.
- A new event system will let you celebrate holidays The Elder Scrolls way.
- New items in the Crown Store!
For a much more in-depth look at the different updates in action, see ZeniMax's website.Read more >
ZeniMax recently announced the release of a special game back for The Elder Scrolls Online called the "Gold Edition." The Gold Edition presently includes the base game, the four major DLCs (Imperial City, Orsinium, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood), and certain vanity items, for $59.99.
For users who already own the base game, ZeniMax also released the "Guilds & Glory DLC Mega Pack," which offers the four major DLCs for a total of 5,500 Crowns ($39.99).
For more information, visit the following pages on ZeniMax's website and/or Steam:
- Announcing the Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition (6 July 2016)
- Available Now: ESO Gold Edition and Guilds & Glory DLC Mega Pack (9 September 2016)
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition on Steam
Update 10-5-2016: Bethesda announced mod support will be coming to PS4.
Bethesda announced in a blog post today that user-created mods for the Special Edition of Skyrim will not be coming to the PlayStation 4. They claim that Sony has refused to allow mods "the way they should work," but did not go into much detail:
"After months of discussion with Sony, we regret to say that while we have long been ready to offer mod support on PlayStation 4, Sony has informed us they will not approve user mods the way they should work: where users can do anything they want for either Fallout 4 or Skyrim Special Edition."
For more information, read the full update here: https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/ps4-mod-update/2016/09/09/199Read more >
The Elder Scrolls: Legends has now entered open Beta phase. This means that you no longer have to sign up and wait for an invitation to play the game. You can now download the Bethesda Launcher, create an account if you hadn't already and head straight into the game!
While you're at it. Make sure to upload any new information you discover to the wiki. We can use every bit of help! If you come across any card that isn't on documented here, we encourage you to do so yourselves. Make sure to use the already existent card articles as example pages (read: copy and paste them and fill in the blanks).
Read the full update here.Read more >
Update: the DLC will cost 1500 Crowns without an ESO Plus subscription and will be released on PC/Mac on August 1st, and Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on August 16th. Read the newest update here.
Today, news broke that Update 11 for The Elder Scrolls Online will include a general patch and a DLC dungeon pack called Shadows of the Hist.
The DLC pack includes:
- Cradle of Shadows – An all new four-player dungeon featuring a storyline involved with the Argonian Dark Brotherhood and a rival apparent for both normal and veteran modes.
- Ruins of Mazzatun – Another four-player dungeon with normal/veteran modes focused on freeing slaves from an oppressive tribe in the backdrop of a crumbling city full of riddles.
The Patch includes:
- The opportunity to change the appearance, race, and gender of your character as well as cosmetic changes to hair and tattoos.
- Hel Ra Citadel, the Aetherian Archive, and Dragonstar Arena improvements: More difficulty; more rewards.
- Be able to text chat with other players on conso…
We'll be streaming Bethesda's E3 conference LIVE tonight on Twitch, and this blog will be updated as things are announced. The pre-show begins at 9:15pm ET, with the actual conference beginning at 10:00pm ET.
If you want to watch it yourself, follow this link to Bethesda's Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda.
- Pete Hines gave more details about The Elder Scrolls:
- A trailer animated in the Legends art style showing off some info about the main storyline of the game was shown.
- He also presented some basic gameplay information, mentioning that even more people will be let into the closed beta.
- Legends will be coming out for PC/Mac, iOS, and Android devices "later this year."
- A remastered version of called the "Special Edition" has been
- The Special Edition will be released for the PC, Xbox One, and PS4 on October 28th.
- It will have significantly better graphics than the original version.
- There will also be mods available for all platforms with the Special Edition.
- Some ne…
- Pete Hines gave more details about The Elder Scrolls: Legends.
On May 17th, leaked details regarding the canceled game The Elder Scrolls Travels: Oblivion Mobile were made available to the public via Neogaf. In addition to general background information on the game, the leak provided several screenshots as well as a few gameplay videos, which were later pulled from YouTube by ZeniMax.
Developed mainly by Climax, Oblivion Mobile, it would have explored the rest of Tamriel during the Oblivion Crisis, and offered a number of very innovative mechanics for its time. Unfortunately, it canceled in 2007, largely due to budget shortfalls.
Read the full stories here:
- The leak: The Cancelled Oblivion: PSP Revealed
- Background info: The Elder Scrolls Travels: Oblivion [PSP – Cancelled
Update: the NDA for the beta has been lifted; content from it can now be disclosed freely.
Bethesda Softworks has announced via twitter that The Elder Scrolls: Legends' closed beta sign-ups begin today. More can be found on Reddit. External links and the FAQ can be seen below:
FAQ can be read here:
- Where can I find information regarding games announced at E3 2015?
Information regarding upcoming and released products announced as part of E3 (Fallout 4, Fallout Shelter, BATTLECRY, Dishonored 2, DOOM, or Elder Scrolls Legends) are available at the dedicated sites below:
- TES Legends
- TES Online
- What are the PC requirements for The Elder Scrolls: Legends beta?
The requirements for The Elder Scrolls: Legends on PC are as follows:
- Operating System - Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10
- Processor - Intel Pentium D or AMD® Athlon™ 64 X2
- Video - NVIDIA GeForce 6800 (256 MB) or ATI™ Radeon™ X1600 Pro (256 MB) or better
- Memory - 2 GB RAM
- Storage - 3 GB available HD space
- Internet - Broadband Internet co…
Read more >
UPDATE: New details on the DLC have been released:
The game will be released on PC/Mac on May 31st, and on Xbox One/PlayStation 4 on June 14th. It's free if you have an ESO Plus subscription, but otherwise it will cost 2000 Crowns in the Crown Store. External links with even more information can be seen below.
Madman here, *cough* with the news.
(Madman97 takes a hit from his fatty blunt and hits the television prompter remote in his interview studio. This video pops up)
Sorry, no Dave today, but I've got something just as depraved to show ya'. Turns out, people still play The Elder Scrolls Online. Believe me, I'm just as surprised as you are. But it looks like for among the five still palling around Tamriel a new DLC will be available: The Elder Scrolls Online: Dark Brotherhood. Yeah, you remember those creepy types from and . Though my spies haven't got word on the price tag yet, the developers I kidnapped and tortured have told me that PAX East will be demonstrating a showcase in the C…Read more >
Today, The Elder Scrolls Online gave us a first look at the upcoming DLC, The Elder Scrolls Online: Thieves Guild. ZeniMax stated that it will cost 2,000 Crowns in the Crown Store and will be released on PC/Mac on March 7th, on Xbox One on March 22nd, and on PlayStation 4 on March 23rd.
You can see for yourself and watch the trailer here, but below is a summary:
- The DLC will take place in Hammerfell, in the zone called Hew's Bane.
- The group are being hunted by a mercenary group known as the Iron Wheel.
- The Thieves Guild's headquarters are Abah's Landing.
- There will be a new 12-player trial, called the Maw of Lorkhaj.
- New group bosses and delves to discover.
- New criminal activities.
- A new skill line for Thieves Guild.
- New motifs, item sets, and other items.
- Various smaller improvements and optimizations.
Bethesda said in a news update on December 9th that they would be opening a new office in Montreal, Québec to "expand [their] development capabilities in console, PC, and mobile gaming."
The studio has already set up a "core team" of more than 40 game developers with varying specializations. Yves Lachance has been given the job of Studio Director.
Read their full update here.Read more >
As of today—November 2nd, 2015—the DLC for is available for players on PC and Mac. As you can see here, the Xbox One version is planned to be released on November 17th and the Playstation 4 version on November 18th.
Those with an active ESO Plus™ membership will automatically have access to the Orsinium DLC game pack. Otherwise, the DLC can be purchased for 3,000 Crowns via the in-game Crown Store. Additionally, the DLC's Collector's Edition contains the Orsinium DLC game pack itself as well as miscellaneous bonuses for 5,000 total.
The DLC adds a number of new quests, group bosses, delves, public dungeons, new items, and even a new game mode, as well as numerous other new features and several smaller optimizations. For more information, see the official news update on the DLC.Read more >
Well, if you have not noticed yet, the first of this month brought us the long awaited expansion for The Elder Scrolls Online. This is the first DLC for this game, and it returns us to the capital of the empire. As of now, it is only on PC and Mac, but will arrive to Xbox One and Play station four on 9/15 and 9/16.
You cannot accses the new content until you have bought the expansion—which costs 2500 Crowns if you don't have an ESO Plus membership—and have reached level 10. With this new story, we can expect hours of expanded play time, new areas to fight along side friends or alone, and powerful new weapons and armor. With this new adventure, the game also has a patch that effects everybody, so with the DLC and the patch, the game now includes:
- All new content, available to players that are level 10 or higher
- A brand new PvP/PvE space that includes six Imperial City Districts
- New story content, quests, and characters within the Imperial City
- A new Imperial City PvP Public Dungeon: The Imp…
The Distribution site GOG.com has just released multiple DRM-free Bethesda Softworks titles on their website. Among them, the following Elder Scrolls titles are now availible for download:
- An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire ($5.99)
- The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard ($5.99)
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - GOTY Edition ($19.99)
This marks the first time and are availible to download online. Until September 2nd, these titles are all included in a 33% off bundle at $21.37. If any of the games are bought, and are included as complimentary downloads.
The DLC will be made available for official release on August 31st, so keep your eyes open for that.Read more >
Update – The DLC has been released for PC and Mac!
As you can see for yourself here, it will be coming to PC/Mac on August 31st, Xbox One on September 15th, and PlayStation®4 on September 16th.
It will be free for Tamriel Plus members (as much as something you pay for is "free," and will consist of 6 regions of Imperial City). Release Info
The Imperial City DLC game pack will be coming to PC/Mac on August 31st, Xbox One on September 15th, and PlayStation®4 on September 16th.
The full Imperial City DLC game pack is included with an active ESO Plus membership. If you are not an ESO Plus member, or your membership lapses, the Imperial City DLC game pack costs 2,500 crowns in the ESOTU Crown Store.
With the purchase of the Imperial City DLC game pack, you get access to the full Imperial City zone. That includes the following (all content is available to players that are level 10 and up):
- A brand new PvP/PvE space, including the six Imperial City Districts
- New quests and key characters within the…
Read more >
While the hot topic of E3 has been Fallout 4, The Elder Scrolls franchise has also recieved some new info on future releases, including an upcoming spin-off.
A teaser trailer of The Elder Scrolls: Legends has been shown, which you can view here. The game is a spin-off, and a card game using Elder Scrolls lore. It will be developed by Direwolf Digital and published by Bethesda, though not much else is currently known about the game.
The Elder Scrolls Online has received some footage of the long-awaited upcoming areas of Wrothgar, the homeland of the Orcs, and the Imperial City, the crown jewel of war-torn Cyrodiil and heart of Tamriel. A tease for the Dark Brotherhood has also been shown with the Black Hand captioned with the words "We know" posted on a letter.Read more >
Just after four days of the feature's release, Valve and Bethesda have announced that they are removing paid mods from the Steam Workshop.
Having decided to listen to the majority of the community, Valve and Bethesda have agreed on removing paid mods. Users who have previously purchased any mods can now refund them. Originally, Skyrim was intended to be the forefront game that would bring paid modding into the gaming community, though this has severely backfired on them. There have been a few legal issues and the Fishing Mod was removed due to Copyright issues just a few days back. Valve regrets making a bad mark on the modding community and will refrain from doing this again in the future.Read more >
ESO has announced console beta is starting at 10AM EDT, Thursday, April 23rd, through 10AM EDT, Monday, April 27th. This is a limited, closed public beta without any Non-disclosure Agreement. Some of those who signed up for the Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited console beta will receive invites on April 22nd.
For more information, please click this link for the full announcement: The ESOTU Console Beta Starts Tomorrow!Read more >
Elder Scrolls Online has announced a Welcome Back Weeked for beta players. From Thursday, April 16th at 10:00 AM EDT through Monday, April 20th at 10:00 AM EDT, players who played in the ESO beta but never bought the game will be able to play Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited without buying the game. For more information, players can check their emails and start downloading ESO clients. And there will be events happening during Welcome Back Weekend so please keep an eye on ESO official site.
What's more, some new items will be added into the Crown Store soon. These items include all crafting motifs, skill and attribute respec scrolls, Pledge of Mara and a limited edition svelte Senche-Leopard mount which will only be available for a limited time. For prices and more information, please check this thread in ESO official forum: Crown Store Updates and New Items.Read more >
Following the release of the game's sixth update just a few days ago, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited has now been released. Keep in mind that this is not a new standalone game or DLC, it is just a re-branded version of The Elder Scrolls Online in celebration of the game's removal of the mandatory subscription model.
Speaking of the subscription model, as opposed to in the last 11 months for the game's release where you've had to pay $15 a month to play, today marks the first day in which this is no longer required. Of course, you'll still have to pay the regular $60 fee (or occasionally $20 during a sale) to get the game. If you currently have the game, you can log in right now without a subscription and play as long as you want. If there is some error, it is suggested you re-install the game. The subscription is still optional and is now known as ESO Plus™. It gives a numerous amount of bonuses and access to all DLCs which can be read about in this blog. The free 30 days c…Read more >
While Bethesda no longer has any plans on upcoming DLCs for their now 3-year-old game , they have finally relinquished the 100 MB file restrictions on the Steam Community Workshop. This means modmakers can now upload larger mod files to the workshop instead of being limited to other mod sharing sites. In addition, mod downloads will be handled by the Steam Client instead of the game's launcher, though the launcher will still maintain it's task for updating the game with newer patches. The Creation Kit update 1.9.33 required for this is currently in a beta testing period and will end around March 9th. For more information, see the Bethesda article.has now released Update 6 after it's numerous beta weeks on the Public Test Server. Information on this update can be read on the Road Ahead article. Another reminder is that the update is just in time for the Tamriel Unlimited launch on March 17th, which will mark the date on which the game removes it's monthly subscription after almost one… Read more >
In the latest released The Road Ahead, game director Matt Firor mainly talks about the future of the Loyalty Program, the philosophy of the Crown Store, ESO Plus, and console release and transfers.
- There will be two more loyalty rewards—the Mask of Cheerful Slaughter and a special Striped Senche (giant cat) mount, before the release of Tamriel Unlimited. Then the Loyalty Program will retire.
- The items players could buy in the Crown Store will serve as either visual upgrade or time-saving purpose.
- Members of ESO Plus will get bonuses to in-game leveling systems, 1500 crowns to spend in the Crown Store each month, and access to all DLC game packs for the duration of their membership.
- Console versions will have completely new user interface, built-in voice chat system, as well as many features that take advantage of the built-in services that the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 offer.
- Console transfer costs $20 and can be set up before June 9th.
Bethesda has announced that they will be hosting their first ever E3 Conference on their blog. It will take place on June 14, 2015 and will be located at Hollywood, California. Most factors point towards the announcement of a new Fallout game, but there is always the chance of some new details on future Elder Scrolls games. The rest can be read here.Read more >
According to official announcements Your Guide to ESO Plus™ Premium Membership and ESO Heads to Consoles June 9th, The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™ is launching in March and ESO will be coming to Xbox One and Playstation 4 worldwide on June 9th, 2015.
The launch of The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™ means ESO is switching to "Buy to Play" with premium membership, offering premium players benefits of new in-game digital currency store, access to all DLCs and a 10% bonus to XP and gold gain, crafting research, and inspiration. The cost of premium membership is the same as the current subscription which starts at $14.99 for a 30-day period.
Console versions will be including The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™ at launch which means console versions will not require subscription to play.Read more >
The latest the Road Ahead has been published. In the article, game director Matt Firor says they have done a lot since launch and the game is much better than it was at launch. In the future, they're bringing ESO to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2015, and one of the largest updates (Update 6) will hit Public Test Server in January. In the meantime they'll continue bringing small patches to the game.
Update 6 will be including the Champion System and the Justice System, both have been discussing for a few months. The Champion System is a new post-level 50 system that aims to replace the Veteran System which will be including Champion Passives and many ability changes. For Justice System, they will introduce the PvE elements first, including the ability to steal from vendors, pickpocket and kill NPC. PvP elements of Justice System will be released when it's ready.
There's still no launch date for console versions of ESO but they are working steadily and they want to include Champion and J…Read more >
Zenimax Online Studios has announced the Six-Month Loyalty Reward, the Dwemer Sphere vanity pet, and it will soon be delivered via in-game mails to players who have subscribed for six months. This is the second Loyalty Reward for ESO players and the first one was the High Hrothgar Wraith for three-month subscribers in September. Read more here.
And staff confirmed in the official forum that they are working on making some improvements so that pets won't take up inventory spaces.
What's more, the Mudcrab Plush, which comes with a code of an in-game Rufous Mudcrab vanity pet, is for pre-sale in the Bethesda Merchandise Store and will be shipped on November 21st.Read more >
As reported by Polygon, Bethesda, the developers of the Elder Scrolls games, have announced they will have a partnership with Titan Books to make real physical books based on lore from The Elder Scrolls Online and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
They are planned to come out on March 2015, and contain "specially commissioned, never-before-seen pieces of art" framed by "in-game lore".
More info can be found here from Polygon and here from the Official Bethesda blog.
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Tales of Tamriel - Vol. I: The Land
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Tales of Tamriel - Vol. II: The Lore
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - The Skyrim Library, Vol. I: The Histories
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - The Skyrim Library, Vol. II: Men, Mer, and Beast
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - The Skyrim Library, Vol. III: The Arcane
Update 5 is available for test on Public Test Server. This update offers improvements, changes, new features including:
- Veteran City of Ash
- Improved Facial Animations
- Veteran Rank Improvements
- Dungeon and Solo Scaling
- Undaunted Enclaves and Pledges
- Crafting Certification, Writs and Survey Reports
- New Crafting Style: Dwemer
- Chat Bubbles
- Skills Updates
- Dungeons and Quests Fixes
Full update list can be read here.Read more >
From IGN Sep 3rd, 2014 - Bethesda confirmed with IGN that Zenimax Online Studios, developer of has been hit by several layoffs.
Bethesda explained that they had initially built up their staff at the beginning and they saw the need to "adjust staffing" since the game is out and a community has been built, and the studio "continues to operate with a large work force."
For the future of , Bethesda said they "remained strongly committed to The Elder Scrolls Online," and they have planned expansion into important international territories.
Details of the layoffs are not revealed.Read more >
Matt Firor, game director of has put out the latest monthly update The Road Ahead - August 20. Here are the key features he mentioned:
- The migration of European megaserver is completed and they received reports of less latency.
- Combat has been tweaked to more responsive. More tweaks of combat system will be released in Update 5.
- They're actively dealing with exploits and cheats.
- Loyalty Program, a new feature that will give players special in-game rewards for spending their time subscribed to ESO, will be introduced later this week. Starting out with an Ice Wraith vanity pet.
- Update 4 will include:
- Upper Craglorn, the final region of Craglorn;
- the Serpent Trial, a new trial for a group of 12 players;
- the Dragonstar Arena, PvE event for a group of 4 players.
- Leaderboards will be wiped due to exploits in trials.
- Developers are working hard on Champion System, a system to replace Veteran system and encourages growth in players' characters for as long as they wish.
- More players are needed to help o…
Zenimax Online released an update 4 preview video of . Update 4, which will be launched in September, includes content of Upper Craglorn with its new Trial, the Dragonstar Arena and much more.Read more >
Australian television gaming show, Good Game last night aired their top 100 games of all time - as voted on by their fans.
I am very happy to announce that Skyrim was listed first of these.
If interested, you can see the full list of games in the top 100 here.
(Full video of the episode is available for free here).
Morrowind and Oblivion also made the top 100, coming in at 36th and 30th respectively.
I would like to point out though - this is without any mention of this vote here on our site. If it was - these results would have obviously been a lot higher.
And now, on a different note - I am sorry that I haven't been around much lately. The short version is that my daughter, Lilah, is much, much more of a handful than Ethan ever was, but there's a lot of other stuff happening as well. So ... sorry.
I'll try and get back here again soon.
P.s. On a personal gaming note though - i am disappointed that Fallout 3 was not at least in the top 5.Read more >
is now available on Steam. The Elder Scrolls Online is 50% off and The Elder Scrolls Online: Imperial Edition is 40% off till July 22nd. Players who buy the Imperial Edition before July 21st 9:59 AM PDT will receive a special pet, the Whiterun Wolfhound. Read more >
The The Elder Scrolls Online Development team has announced their plans for the game over July.
ZOS will be out in force with The Elder Scrolls Online at QuakeCon in Dallas from July 17th through the 20th. They'll have their own panel and there will be hands-on stations and a Q&A session. Some of the upcoming updates of Elder Scrolls Online will be discussed at QuakeCon.
The EU Megaserver will be migrated to Frankfurt data center between the last week of July and the first week of August.
Changes of Veteran rank system will continue and they will lead to a much more compelling high-level PvE experience.
- Phase 1: Lower difficulty in Veteran Zones. This change came to the live servers on July 7th with update patch 1.2.5.
- Phase 2: Remove the Veteran Point system, introduce the normal experience point system and increase the XP gained from PvP. This change will be applied over the summer.
- Phase 3: Introduce a completely new Veteran System based on new character customization and growth mechanic…
Read more >
The Elder Scrolls Online Development team today announced their plans for the game over the coming month.
The following are some of the changes that will be made:
- Dragonknights are going to become gradually less overpowered in the interests of class balancing.
- Nightblades are going to become gradually more powered in keeping with the same class balancing.
- Anyone with a subscription will now be able to access the Public Test Servers, which will let you get access to the new updates before they are publicly released - including testing advanced veteran combat.
- Update Two (as they are calling it) will take place the "week
of June 23", and will include:
- Crypt of Hearts (Online) - a veteran dungeon for Veteran Rank 12 character, involving Nerien'eth the Lich.
- First-person Field-of-view changes
- More object-interaction - particularly the ability to pick up and equip weapons and armor found around the world. (Opinion: Maybe this will later include books too, since they appear quite a lot)
- More ongoin…
Read more >
Bethesda have revealed that the Xbox One and PS4 versions of The Elder Scrolls Online have been delayed by about six months due to a series of platform unique problems. The delay will result in pushing the release date to around Christmas:
To make up for the delay, Bethesda is offering a deal that allows PC and Mac owners of the game to pick up a digital console copy for $20 if they’ve purchased the game by the end of June.
See elderscrollsonline.com for full details.
Read more >