|The Elven Maiden|
|Quest Giver||Armand Christophe|
Imperial City Waterfront
|Prerequisite||Untaxing the Poor|
|Next Quest||Ahdarji's Heirloom|
Advance to Bandit rank
|Type||Thieves Guild quest|
Armand Christophe gives the Hero the task of stealing Llathasa's Bust and sends them to Cheydinhal. Travel to Cheydinhal and speak with the beggars marked on the map, if their disposition isn't high enough, do whatever is needed to rise it until an option to ask about the bust appears. They will then tell the Hero to look in the chapel.
Head over to the Cheydinhal chapel and enter the Undercroft down the stairs. Be cautious here as there is a guard posted doing rounds so they'll have to be sneaky. The best way is to let the guard make two rounds in her route, then when she walks away, go over to the coffin, grab the bust and run out.
If they are noticed by the guard she will attack them and if they run out and leave, the guards will attack the chapel guard, so it's best to grab the bust and run and avoid being detected by the guard. Also, avoid looting the tomb of Llathasa Indarys, as her ghost will come out and attack you.
Try and find some of the other Thieves' Guild members and ask what's happened and they will tell the Hero that Methredhel is looking for them. She is actively seeking them out to give an update on the situation and can come inside the Shack for Sale or other houses to find them, but can also be found inside her own house if necessary. Or they can just wait and she will eventually turn up and when the Hero question her, it becomes clear that the job just done was an elaborate charade designed to expose and in turn, frame a traitor in the Thieves' Guild, a Dunmer named Myvryna Arano, the same woman who delivers the invitations to the Thieves' Guild.
The same stolen item that revealed her treachery is now to be used to turn Lex against her. Methredhel wants the Hero to frame her for the crime by placing the bust in a cupboard at her house. The swarm of guards continues to bolt to and fro throughout the Waterfront area, and Lex remains in constant line of sight, so a very high sneak skill will be required to enter Myvryna Arano's house unseen.
The guards thin out but do not disperse entirely, even after several days. Be careful that the guards do not see them break into her house. Invisibility and/or chameleon effects may be preferable to stealth alone. Once inside, place the statuette in "Myvryna's Cupboard", which is the cupboard nearest the door and next to her bed.
Now go outside and find Lex and should his disposition not be high enough he will not believe the story, but once it is at least 71, the Hero can convince him that Myvryna stole the bust and to search Myvryna's house. After finding the bust, Lex confronts her but despite trying to defend herself and even mention that the Hero is the real thief, Lex will not believe her and arrests her for the theft.
Return to the Garden of Dareloth and speak to Armand next midnight and he will give the Hero the reward money and explain the reason why they used them in such a way.
Armand of the Thieves Guild has asked me to steal the bust of Llathasa Indarys from Cheydinhal. They will pay 100 gold coins.
I learned that the bust of Llathasa Indarys is in her tomb. She is buried in the chapel undercroft of the Temple of Arkay in Cheydinhal.
I have the bust. Now to get back to Armand.
The Waterfront is crawling with Imperial Watch. They are all looking for Armand Christophe. I'm sure he won't show at midnight. Dareloth's Garden is too hot. I'll need to find out where he is hiding. Maybe one of the other Thieves Guild members knows. I'll have to start asking around for them.
Methredhel contacted me. She says that this whole job was just a setup to flush out the informant, a Dark Elf named Myvryna Arano. They didn't see fit to let me in on the plan though. She has specific instructions from Armand to plant the bust in Myvryna's cupboard. Then I have to find Hieronymus Lex and snitch on her.
The bust is in Myvryna's cupboard. Now to tell that windbag Lex where to find it.
Hieronymus Lex found the bust I planted. Now all I have to do is report to Armand. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until the next midnight for him to return to the Garden of Dareloth.
Armand thanked me for my help in exposing Myvryna Arano as the informant. He promoted me to Bandit in the Thieves Guild.
- The Waterfront Tax Records stolen in the quest Untaxing the Poor show that Myvryna Arano was "exempted" which gives a clue for this quest.
This section contains bugs related to The Elven Maiden. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- At the point where Lex confronts Myvryna Arano, there is a bug where he goes in, check the cupboard, starts talking, and then walks out. One gets stuck because it's meant to be a cutscene but it doesn't have an ending, so there is no other choice but to reload. Always save before doing this part. On the version of the game, one can open the console (~ or `) and type in "enableplayercontrols" (without quotation marks) to re-enable your movement. Armond might not show sometimes. If this happens, try looking for him in either the basement of the westernmost warehouse on the waterfront or in his house, north of where he's supposed to show. users can also use the console command "player.moveto 352A0" to move to wherever Armand is.
- Another bug is after the Hero have told Lex about Myvryna and he goes in the house he randomly disappears and ends up somewhere near Bravil.
- If caught stealing the bust the Hero will receive a bounty, however no guards are hostile. One cannot fast travel, rest, or sleep though.
- Sometimes Lex seems to be sucked into an alternate Oblivion. This happens when the Hero resist arrest when getting caught trying to break into the house and run for it. If playing on one can fix this by using the console. The commands are: <~> prid <refID> <enter> MoveTo Player <enter> <~> Replace <refID> with 34879 (also to note <> should be removed). This causes Lex to spawn dirrectly infront of you and you will be able to complete the quest.