The Enchanter's Rats is an optional quest available in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. The quest will only become available by speaking with residents of the Vivec, Telvanni Canton and asking about the 'latest rumor'.
- Hear Latest Rumors about a rat problem.
- Talk to Audenian Valius at the Telvanni Enchanter shop in the Vivec, Telvanni Canton.
- Kill the two rats in his bedroom.
- Kill ten rats in the Underworks.
- Return to Audenian for a reward of a Grand Soul Gem.
The Enchanter's RatsEdit
Ask around for the latest rumors in Vivec City's Telvanni Canton and you'll hear about a rat problem that Audenian Valius has been having on the Waistworks level in his enchanter shop. Talk to Audenian Valius and you'll find that he wants you to kill some rats (which are actually Telvanni sewer rats) and that he's got two holed up in his bedroom.
Even more RatsEdit
After dispatching the two rats in his shop, he claims that he wanted ALL of the rats killed and points out that he believes they are crawling up from the Underworks (sewers) of the Canton. Investigate the Telvanni Underworks to find 10 more rats that need to be killed. The rats should not appear before the quest is active, and you should receive a journal update when you kill the last one. Some of the rats may be in the water, even possibly swimming along the bottom and never coming up to attack you. Return to Audenian for a reward of a Grand Soul Gem.
- It is necessary that you hear the related rumor first, otherwise Audenian will not mention his problem.