|The End of Order|
|Prerequisite||The Roots of Madness|
|Reward||See Benefits/Duties listed below|
|Type||Shivering Isles Main Quest|
- Main article: Quests (Shivering Isles)
The messenger is the Captain of the Palace Guard and she informs the Hero, regardless of how they chose to speak to her, that a giant Order obelisk has activated in the Palace courtyard and the Forces of Order are pouring out in a last, desperate gambit against them. Haskill is no help in this matter, but the three Golden Saints nearby will follow them if ordered.
In the courtyard, they will find a great battle and two active obelisks. Each obelisk requires three Hearts of Order to deactivate. If they are not carrying any Hearts, keep killing Knights of Order and searching their corpses until one have gathered six. As always, stay away from the Priests, as they will reanimate as long as the obelisks are active and their unconscious bodies will shock if searched. They will find themselves fighting alongside a great deal of Saints and Seducers - use them to their advantage.
Once both obelisks are shut down, a bright white shining light will shoot straight down into the courtyard. It will build in intensity until it bursts out into the courtyard, killing every single Saint and Seducer left. Now the Hero must fight Jyggalag alone. He appears similar to a giant version of one of his Knights. He will heap scorn on them. Watch for his left hand, which deals a strong Shock Damage spell as well as the ability to knock you over. He will also regenerate Health over time.
After he is dead, his giant disembodied head appears floating in the sky. After conceding their victory, he tells them that once the Shivering Isles was his, and that he was so powerful that the other Daedric Princes feared him, and cursed him to live as "that gibbering fool, Sheogorath." Once a millennium, he was allowed to become his true self and re-conquer the Isles, only to find madness eventually overtaking him. Now that they have defeated him, however, he is free to roam the wastes of Oblivion again.
Jyggylag finishes by saying, "Mortal, King, God ... It seems uncertain. Perhaps you will grow to your station. Fare thee well, Sheogorath, Prince of Madness," and then vanishes.
Go inside the Palace and speak to Haskill. (He refuses to speak to them in the courtyard, citing the "mess.") Haskill is now a bit more respectful than in the past, calling them "Lord Sheogorath" and saying he never doubted them. Haskill will also detail their new duties and benefits as Lord Sheogorath, Madgod of the Shivering Isles. They are:
- Court Healer. The Court Healer, who is always in the throne room, can cast a powerful healing spell on them. The spell will heal them 500 Health, Magicka and 100 to all attributes
- Entertainment. A dancing girl will enter the throne room and perform for the players pleasure when desired. Activated by speaking to Haskill in the throne room.
- Escort. Any Golden Saint or Dark Seducer in the throne room will act as a standard follower and fight to the death for you.
- Greater Power Manipulate Weather. This will change the weather to a random effect and add a related bonus. Only works in the Shivering Isles.
- Sheogorath's Protection. This 100-point spell will resurrect the Hero, for a limited amount of time, in the throne room of Sheogorath's Palace. This is not a teleportation spell - it only goes into effect if they die while the spell is active. They will also have the option of traveling back to the location you were killed at. Only works in the Shivering Isles. (Doesn't work if they killed themselves ( Jumping off a high ledge, for e.g.) It can be used to dispel the Exalted Pain spell cast at them by Relmyna Verenim if they demand that she let the test subjects go free in the Rebuilding the Gatekeeper quest.
- Sheogorath's Regalia. This one-piece suit can be found on Sheogorath's Throne.
- Sheogorath's Throne. They can now sit in Sheogorath's chair.
- Sword of Jyggalag This claymore will be in the back of the throne room. It will appear to be decoration but they can pick it up by activating it. Note if the sword of Jyggalag doesn't appear at the back of the throne room then exit to the palace grounds and enter Sheogorath's Palace.
- Defend the Realm: Speak to Haskill about this subject and he will notify them if there any threats to the Shivering Isles.
- These "threats" will either be intruders at the Gates of Madness (Bandits with leveled weapons) or leveled creatures attacking the settlement of Highcross, Fellmoor, Split, Deepwallow, or Hale.
- They will also have the option of sending their troops instead of handling the situation personally. When the problem is solved, their people will send them a tribute of either 1000 gold if dealt with it alone and 500 gold if they sent the guards to help (this is one of the easiest ways to get gold).
- (Note that even if the Hero don't send guards when there are "Intruders at the Gates of Madness", that lovely Gatekeeper fellow will still fight by their side, as Haskill will mention upon going that route. Who needs guards when they have a giant custom-designed monstrosity on their side, anyway?)
This will end the Shivering Isles Main Quest.
The Captain of my Palace Guard needs my assistance at once. The messenger didn't know any details, but it sounds urgent.
The Captain of my Palace Guard has informed me that an Obelisk has activated in the Palace courtyard! It seems that Order is launching its final attempt to take control of the Shivering Isles. I need to defeat Jyggylag and his minions once and for all.
An Obelisk has activated in the Palace courtyard! It seems that Order is launching its final attempt to take control of the Shivering Isles. I need to defeat Jyggalag and his minions once and for all.
A second Obelisk has activated. I need to shut it down to stop the Knights from overwhelming the defenders.
A third Obelisk has activated. I need to shut it down.
Another Obelisk has activated. I should shut it down to weaken Jyggylag.
Shutting down the Obelisks appears to weaken Jyggalag of some of his powers. I should deactivate as many Obelisks as I can to weaken Jyggalag.
Jyggalag has spoken to me and told me the Greymarch is ended and the forces of Order have retreated. Haskill will likely know how I should proceed.