|The Five Tenets|
|Title: The Five Tenets|
|Full Title: The Five Tenets|
| Weight: |
| Value: |
- Main article: Books (Oblivion)
This book details the core values of the Dark Brotherhood. They have since been abandoned in Skyrim.
Tenet 2: Never betray the Dark Brotherhood or its secrets. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis.
Tenet 3: Never disobey or refuse to carry out an order from a Dark Brotherhood superior. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis.
Tenet 4: Never steal the possessions of a Dark Brother or Dark Sister. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis.
Tenet 5: Never kill a Dark Brother or Dark Sister. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis.
- Curiously, the Tenets seem to have been created by Sithis. They say that killing a Dark Brother or Sister will invoke the Wrath of Sithis, so, if these were created by Sithis, Astrid would technically be violating her master's rules by revoking the Tenets.
- Interestingly enough, Astrid breaks all the Tenets during the Dark Brotherhood quests.
- Tenet 1: She dishonors the Night Mother by her reaction and attitude to having the Night Mother's corpse reside in the Falkreath Sanctuary.
- Tenets 2 and 5: She betrays the Dark Brotherhood, and directly leads to the deaths of most of the members.
- Tenet 3: She initially disobeys and refuses to carry out the Night Mother‘s wishes for the Dragonborn to seek out Amaund Motierre at Volunruud.
- Tenet 4: By having you take Cicero's journals in The Cure for Madness.
- It is possible that perhaps she did in fact invoke the Wrath of Sithis. In the end she realizes this and invokes the Black Sacrament on herself, fulfilling Sithis' Wrath.