|The Forgemaster's Fingers|
Weapons and armor can be improved 12% better.
|Class: Quest Item, Heavy Armor, Gauntlets|
|Upgrade Material: Iron Ingot|
The Forgemaster's Fingers are a pair of unique Iron Gauntlets found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. They are a Quest Item for the miscellaneous quest "Find the Forgemaster's Fingers", which bestows the title of Blood-kin to the Dragonborn.
The Forgemaster's Fingers will not appear until "Find the Forgemaster's Fingers" is initiated.
- The Orc Strongholds Dushnikh Yal, Mor Khazgur, Largashbur, or Narzulbur are all locations to speak with an Orc who can task the Dragonborn with tracking down The Forgemaster's Fingers.
- The location of The Forgemaster's Fingers is dependent upon who triggers the quest.
This means the armor cannot be improved past flawless quality without boosting the Smithing skill over 100. This can be achieved by using enchanted items and/or blacksmithing potions to Fortify Smithing.
Wearing this piece of armor grants the following skill bonuses:
- Fortify Smithing: 12 points
- A smith strongly benefits from these gauntlets, as they allow the smith to improve items beyond what their skill currently allows. This benefit applies even if the Dragonborn has a smithing skill of 100 and is best utilized in combination with a blacksmith draught or potion.
- The Forgemaster, a unique Dwarven Centurion in the Lost to the AgesDG quest, shares a similar name with Forgemaster's Fingers- however, it is unknown if there is a link between the two.
- Dushnikh Yal to find The Forgemaster's Fingers the quest fails to initiate and does not appear in the quests list, nor is there a map marker to find them. This makes it impossible to gain approved entry of Orc strongholds.
Sometimes when the quest is given at
- Solution: Visit a different stronghold first (Narzulbur confirmed to work).
- Solution: It is possible to obtain blood-kin status from befriending an orc aka doing a side-quest for them eg. obtaining The Last Scabbard of Akrash for Ghorza gra-Bagol
Solution: Dushnikh Yal Alternate Fix: Simply open the gate and talk to the quest-giver again. The map and quest log will sometimes update upon speaking to him a second time. If this doesn't work, saving, exiting the game, and speaking to the quest giver may also work.
- It's possible to complete the Quest without the map mark. Just Press "Show on Map" to center the location. Then get in and search for a big chest. There you will find the item.
- If you do the quest The Cursed Tribe beforehand, you will automatically become blood-kin (though it is not mentioned) and be unable to do this quest. Furthermore, though treated as blood-kin, the Dragonborn allowed into Orc settlements via the Malacath quest (The Cursed Tribe) are not really blood-kin and so cannot invest in Orc businesses.
It is possible that, when entering the building to give The Forgemaster's Fingers to who you are instructed, you will be considered trespassing. This can cause the Orcs to attack you while giving the Fingers.
- Solution: Complete the quest during the day time. The questgiver will most likely be sitting outside the building.
- Solution: Pay your bounty to an Orc in any of the strongholds and then go back and speak to the questgiver during the day.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)