|The Forgemaster's Fingers (Item)|
Weapons and armor can be improved 12% better.
|Upgrade Material: Iron Ingot|
The Forgemaster's Fingers (Item) is a quest item found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The Forgemaster's Fingers are enchanted heavy armor gauntlets once worn by a legendary Orc blacksmith. They have the same appearance as Iron Gauntlets. They are part of a miscellaneous quest that can be given to the Dragonborn by any number of Orc gate keepers or chiefs across Skyrim. The dungeon the Dragonborn is sent to by the quest is dependent upon who triggers the quest. Dushnikh Yal, Mor Khazgur, Largashbur, or Narzulbur are all locations to speak with an Orc who can task the Dragonborn with tracking down The Forgemaster's Fingers.
A smith strongly benefits from these gauntlets, as they allow them to improve items beyond what their skill currently allows. This benefit applies even if one has 100 skill in smithing and is best utilized in combination with a blacksmith draught or potion.
- Weapons and armor can be improved 12% more effectively. While this is a decent smithing bonus, other gauntlets found as random loot, sold by vendors or enchanted by the player themselves can have better enchantments.
- Dushnikh Yal to find The Forgemaster's Fingers the quest fails to initiate and does not appear in the quests list, nor is there a map marker to find them. This makes it impossible to gain approved entry of Orc strongholds.
Sometimes when the quest is given at
- Solution: Visit a different stronghold first (Narzulbur confirmed to work).
Solution: Dushnikh Yal Alternate Fix: Simply open the gate and talk to the quest-giver again. The map and quest log will sometimes update upon speaking to him a second time. If this doesn't work, saving, exiting the game, and speaking to the quest giver may also work.
- It's possible to complete the Quest without the map mark. Just Press "Show on Map" to center the location. Then get in and search for a big chest. There you will find the item.
- If you do the quest The Cursed Tribe beforehand, you will automatically become blood-kin (though it is not mentioned) and be unable to do this quest. Furthermore, though treated as blood-kin, the Dragonborn allowed into Orc settlements via the Malacath quest (The Cursed Tribe) are not really blood-kin and so cannot invest in Orc businesses.
- It is possible that, when entering the building to give The Forgemaster's Fingers to who you are instructed, you will be considered trespassing. This can cause the Orcs to attack you while giving the Fingers.