The Gilded Carafe is an alchemy shop in the Market District, located between Slash 'n' Smash and The Best Defense. Its proprietor, Claudette Perrick, has an Expert mercantile skill. The side quest, "Unfriendly Competition", can be started here.
- Birthright of Astalon.
- Apprentice and expert apparatuses.
- Random potions and ingredients.
- The rare redwort flowerss needed for Rejoining the Mages Guild can be bought here.
- Nightshade, garlic and bloodgrass, needed for curing vampirism, are also carried.
- Seeking Your Roots - a Nirnroot is here.
- Unfriendly Competition - Claudette directs toward Jensine.
- Vampire Cure - the potion's ingredients can be bough here.
- There is a potted nirnroot plant behind Claudette.
- A carafe, or decanter, is a type of container, often used for holding wine. silver carafes exist in Tamriel.
- A tapestry in the shop displays The Mage zodiac.