|The Heart of Dibella|
|Quest Giver||Mother Hamal|
|Reward||Agent of Dibella|
Getting the Quest
Talk to Degaine and receive the miscellaneous quest "Steal the statue in the Temple of Dibella" before picking the lock to the Inner Sanctum and getting caught by the priestesses and Hamal. If the Dragonborn is caught by the priestesses and then tries to go talk to Degaine to receive the quest, the quest dialogue will not show. Degaine is usually at the market in front of the main door of Markarth if not he is in The Warrens.Break into the Inner Sanctum and sneak behind the priestesses. If the player is caught while sneaking past the priestesses, Mother Hamal will give the player this quest as a punishment for trespassing in the temple. Alternatively, the player can sneak out, sell the statue to Degaine, and come back in to "get caught".
Other Statues of Dibella
If a player is unable to sneak past Hamal, there are several other Statues of Dibella at the following locations:
- Broken Tower Redoubt. After entering the redoubt, after the first room, go up the stairs on the right and go left on the second floor and follow it around. The statue is in a darkened area past a pile of rubble between 2 barrels. A light source may help, as it's quite dark.
- Another can be found beside/in Hela's Folly. It seems to be a nearby shipwreck. This can be found as a Dark Brotherhood contract for Nazir. (The statue is counted as stolen despite the owner (Deekus) being dead).
- When the player does the daedric quest in the midden below the college of Winterhold.
- Another is in Maven Blackbriars home in Riften.
- Another can be found inside Riftweald Manor, Mercer Frey's house in Riften.
- Another can be found in Brinewater Grotto at the very back.
- Another can be found in Haelga's Bunkhouse in Riften, it can be stolen as part of Thieves Guild quest Taking Care of Business.
Looking for the Sybil
Talking to anyone in Karthwasten about a little girl and they will direct the player to talk to Enmon, her father. Enmon will tell the player that Fjotra was kidnapped by the Forsworn and taken to Broken Tower Redoubt. He offers to join in the rescue, but the player can choose to go alone. Having Enmon joining your side offers no reward, except one or two lines of dialogue when you find his daughter. Unfortunately, Enmon can be killed easily, which has no consequences.
Travel to Broken Tower Redoubt and fight the Forsworn found there while making your way to the top (If you have recently cleared it, the only enemy present may be the Forsworn Briarheart). Eventually the Dragonborn will get inside a small tower with a Forsworn Briarheart boss guarding the cell in which Fjotra is being held captive. Kill him then loot the key off his body to open the cell. After telling her she is the Sybil of Dibella, Fjotra will follow you. Take her back to the Temple of Dibella in Markarth. If the Dragonborn returns to Fjotra's House after rescuing her and approaches Enmon with Fjotra, he will address his daughter and tell her she has to go to the temple.
Hamal tells the player to pray at the Altar of Dibella to receive the blessing. The Dragonborn will get a permanent effect called Agent of Dibella, which allows the player to do more damage to the opposite sex.
- Hamal sometimes suffers from the "lightning fast dialogue", the same bug that has been noticed with Esbern, causing Hamal and the priestessess to attack the player. Using the Scroll of Harmony can prevent any of the priestesses from attacking, allowing you to speak to Hamal normally.
- When the Sybil leaves after the quest finishes, she re-locks the expert lock on the inner sanctum door, possibly leaving you trapped. You can work around this by waiting a certain amount of time, eventually the expert lock will be unlocked.
- Degaine and receive the miscellaneous quest "Steal the statue in the Temple of Dibella" before you pick the lock to the Inner Sanctum and get caught by the priestesses and Hamal. If you are caught by the priestesses then try to go talk to Degaine to receive the quest the quest dialog will not show. Degaine is usually at the market in front of the main door of Markarth, if not he is in The Warrens. You must talk to
- There is a chance of contracting the double quest glitch when you talk to Degaine and accept the miscellaneus quest to steal the statue. If you then precede to the Silver-Blood Inn and ask the innkeeper about work and rumors, he will give a quest to "Speak to Degaine". Since you already have the second step of the quest it becomes locked in your quest log. - If this happens to you before going to the temple, you will have it wiped as you begin the temple quest.
- Degaine to die (he can also be killed by the player). If this happens the only way to gain this quest is to succeed at stealing the statue but getting caught by Hamal on the way out. If a dragon attacks the city, it's possible for
- There is a glitch where, when going to search for the Sybil in Karthwasten, the town will appear empty aside from one guard next to the mine. The houses are also all empty, Loading from an earlier save state and restarting the game do not appear to fix this glitch.
- It is possible for Enmon to be killed during a dragon attack before the quest appears in the user's journal. the quest is still completeable by heading to Broken Tower Redoubt and talking to Fjotra in the tower's cell.
- It is possible that the Forsworn Briarheart may not have the key to the jail cell. This may happen if Broken Tower Redoubt has already been visited.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)