|The Jagged Crown|
|Class: Heavy Armor, Helmet|
|Upgrade Material: N/A|
The last monarch to wear the crown was King Borgas, but it was believed to be lost when he was killed in the Wild Hunt of 1E 369. Legend holds that his body was secretly returned to Skyrim and buried with the crown, but the exact whereabouts were lost in the following War of Succession .
Depending on the side chosen by the Dragonborn either Galmar Stone-Fist or Legate Rikke dispatch their men to seek the artifact, hoping to, respectively, consolidate either Ulfric's or Elisif's ascendance to the throne. The crown is worn by King Borgas who appears as a leveled draugr at Korvanjund, where both Stormcloaks and Imperials clash. Once it has been recovered, it must be returned to either faction for the questline to continue.
Keeping the crownEdit
The Jagged Crown can be kept by reverse pick-pocketing it to either Hadvar or Ralof after the crown is collected but before the quest is completed. Although the chance of success will show 0 percent, it is possible, but may require several attempts. The faction sided with at Helgen must be joined for the exploit to function properly. Once the quest is complete, the crown can be pickpocketed back from Hadvar or Ralof in Riverwood. Using means of paralysis (such as the Serpent Stone), or boosted Pickpocketing improves the chances of recovering it successfully.
- While the quest item crown cannot be enchanted, duplicate ones (made by using mannequins) can.
This section contains bugs related to The Jagged Crown (Item). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Circlets and Guard Helmets can be worn with the Jagged Crown with no ill effects, making it possible to have five pieces of working armor worn. Dragon Priest Masks can be worn with the Jagged Crown as well, which can be very useful if Dragon Priest mask enchantments are needed on top of armor.
- This bug cannot be exploited at the same time as using the Dragon Priest Mask with the Archmage's Robes exploit.
- It is possible to wear the crown with the Masque of Clavicus Vile. Equip the crown with any dragon priest mask, then equip the Masque of Clavicus Vile without unequiping any of the previous two.
- Sometimes the Jagged Crown is not marked as a quest item, allowing it to be used for the mannequin reproduction bug to acquire a second Jagged Crown. If the duplicated crowns are in the inventory at the end of the quest, all of them may be removed.