The Katariah is a ship in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Docked in the Haafingar Hold, it's likely named after Katariah I, the former Dunmer Empress during the Third Era. The Katariah appears during "Hail Sithis!" quest and is docked for the rest of the game. To enter The Katariah, the Dragonborn must climb the anchor chain at the ship's stern.
On the bow of ship sits the carved effigy of an Elven woman, while a statue on the stern displays a winged dragon figure. The woman on the bow is presumed to be Katariah. Due to the ship being the Emperor's personal flagship, Imperial banners similar to at the Penitus Oculatus Outpost and forts under Imperial Legion control are drapped on the sides of the hull and flying from the bow and stern of the ship.
If the Dragonborn has been appointed Listener of the Dark Brotherhood during the Fourth Era, there is a quest to infiltrate The Katariah to assassinate Emperor Titus Mede II on a contract set up by Amaund Motierre from the Elder Council.
The Emperor sails on The Katariah to visit Castle Dour in Solitude. He comes to Skyrim after his cousin, Vittoria Vici, is assassinated at her own wedding by the Dragonborn. He has a decoy of himself pose as him in the Emperor's Tower in Castle Dour when it is suspected of there being an attempt on his life by the Dark Brotherhood.
- A unique scimitar called Windshear can be found on the deck of the ship. Head all the way up the bow and it will be at the end of the bowspirit.
- King (Two-Handed skill book)
- A unique piece of clothing, the Emperor's Robes, can be found in the Emperor's sleeping quarters and on the Emperor's body.
- The Gilded Wristguards can be found in the Emperor's chambers.
- A Flawless Ruby can be found in the Emperor's chambers.
- A Soul Gem can be found behind the door in the Emperor's sleeping quarters.
- Various items in the Imperial armor and Imperial weapons sets.
- A leveled Soul Gem can be found in Lieutenant Salvarus's quarters.
- A master-locked chest with various enchanted weapons and gold in Captain Avidius's room.
- Katariah Master Key on the body of Captain Avidius and on the body of Lieutenant Salvarus.
- A dead Penitus Oculatus Agent and Sailor can be found on the ship.
- On the deck, if a Dragon attacks, it is possible for it to land underneath the water. This, however, does not harm the dragon, and it eventually resurfaces.
- The Katariah appears to be the only accessible ship in Skyrim that is not in the style of a Nordic longboat.
- The carving of a dragon on the stern may be an allusion to Akatosh, who is commonly depicted as a dragon and is heavily associated with Emperors of Tamriel.