Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Either bribe or persuade the guard at the door in the jail in order to see Sibbi if not already done so. In the Riften jail, speak to Sibbi Black-Briar after getting the information for the quest "Promises to Keep."
- Go to the Riften Jail and talk to Sibbi Black-Briar.
- Go to the Vilemyr Inn and talk to Svidi.
- Tell Sibbi about her or lie to him.
- Sibbi will say that he wants Svidi dead. When pressed for details, he will explain that he was due to marry her but was also romantic with another woman. Once Svidi found out, she had her brother confront Sibbi, who killed her brother.
- Either agree to help him or say no.
- She is the bard in Vilemyr Inn, Ivarstead. Her name is Lynly Star-Sung; speak to her and say: "Your real name is Svidi isn't it?"
- Either intimidate or persuade her to tell the truth depending on level of skill in Speech. However, even with 100 Speech, attempts to persuade her will not work without the Amulet of Articulation.
- She will deny who she is and say that Sibbi is lying. She says that her brother did not have a weapon. Then, she will be afraid that the Dragonborn will tell Sibbi of her whereabouts.
- Go back to Riften jail and either tell Sibbi about her or lie to him.
A key to a chest at the foot of the stairs to the basement of the Black-Briar Meadery.
Discover Svidi's whereabouts
Tell Sibbi Black-Briar about Lynly or Lie to Sibbi Black-Briar about Lynly
This section contains bugs related to The Lover's Requital. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- After talking to Lynly Star-Sung, Sibbi Black-Briar might be found in the cell next to his original cell. Waiting a few hours (4) seems to fix this.
- After you wait some hours when he is at the wrong cell and he will be back he might not be able to speak to you. Go to the last autosave and unlock the door. If you are with the guild you can clear your bounty and if you aren't you will be taken to outside the jail. But when you come in again the door is open, then go talk to Sibbi.
- After talking to Lynly Star-Sung, Sibbi Black-Briar is sometimes sitting in the chair on the left-hand side of the cell bars, or sleeping, and the player might not be able to highlight and speak to him. This can be fixed by waiting outside the jail until Sibbi is walking around or by picking the lock of the cell door to enter the cell and talk to him.
- After talking to Lynly Star-Sung and arriving at the Riften Jail at night, Sibbi may be found sleeping. However, if you "wait" in front of his cell until morning he may have, ironically, got out of bed on the wrong side and be stuck inside the wall behind the hanging flag.