|Quests||Restoration Ritual Spell |
Revealing the Unseen
|Characters||Augur of Dunlain|
While looking towards the door, The Midden is due west and at the top of the stairs.The members of the college advocate caution when entering The Midden, however, an alert player should have no trouble with any of the enemies here.
Items of interestEdit
- The Atronach Forge, which is vaguely similar to the Atronach Altar in Frostcrag Spire, can be used to summon Frost, Flame, and Storm Atronachs. A book on the use of the Forge can be found on a nearby table. The forge is a great tool for players to use to practice their skills, both magicka and otherwise, because any summoned atronach will remain around until destroyed with no apparent time limit, unlike atronachs summoned by way of a spell. Furthermore, these atronachs are hostile, and once summoned they will immediately begin attacking the player. Consequently, this area is an ideal place to practice casting restoration wards because unless an atronach is destroyed by the player it will cast lightning spells(Storm atronach) or fire spells(Flame atronach) seemingly indefinitely. Obviously, wards are useless against the melee attacking Frost atronachs, which don't seem to have magical ranged attacks comparable to that of their Storm or Flame counterparts, but blocking and light or heavy armor skills can be upgraded instead when battling them. The atronachs will exit the room the forge is in to pursue the player through the adjacent rooms, and Storm and Flame atronachs do have melee capabilities if they are close enough. Also, the precious gem used to summon an atronach at the forge will be lost if the atronach is destroyed, but the ingredient used will not, and can be reclaimed.
- The Daedric Relic is a location in the Midden Dark, used to imprison Velehk Sain.
- The Augur of Dunlain is located here, for the Good Intentions and Restoration Ritual Spell quests.
- In the Midden Dark, there is an Alchemy Lab as well as a skill book, De Rerum Dirennis, on it.
- Torchbug Thorax litter the path through The Midden.
- Many White Cap fungi.
- In the Midden, near the College entrance, there is a skeleton pinned to the floor with a leveled, enchanted dagger.
- 4 ingots of Refined Moonstone in a basket on a platform above the Dragonborn.
- In archaeological terms, a midden is an old mound or pit for the disposal of rubbish and household waste.
- In Dutch, the 'midden' means ' the middle' or the 'central point'
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)