The Orcish Hoard is a Knight Order quest available during the events of The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall. The Agent is sent to destroy the leader of an Orcish Hoard, after complaints by local Merchants to their Knightly Order.
After completing several quests for one of the ten Knight Orders of the Iliac Bay, the Agent will be accepted into said Order. From that point on they will have to make their way up the internal rank ladder to gain more lucrative and noteworthy quests, to improve their reputation.
- Speak with a Quester from a joined Knight Order.
- Journey to and enter the specified dungeon.
- Track down and kill the Orc Sergeant.
- Escape the dungeon and return to the Quester before the time limit expires.
Once the Agent has obtained a fair amount of reputation within a Knight Order, one of the Order's Questers will reveal a worrying development. It appears that a sizeable group of orcs have moved into the region, and are attacking both land and commerce. The Agent is duly tasked with removing their leader, a Sergeant, as well as any others that get in their way.
Orcs in ArmsEdit
The Sergeant is leading his band from a nearby dungeon, the location of which is added to the Agent's map by the Quester. Once at the dungeon, the Agent must enter and fight their way through Orcs, creatures and enemies until they find the leader. The Sergeant may be found at any point during the hunt, and is the only Orc that needs to be slain.
Once the Sergeant has been killed, confirmed by a message, the Agent must escape the dungeon and return to the Quester before the time limit expires.
The Agent will not receive any physical reward for completing the quest successfully, but will instead get a huge boost to their reputation within the region. The penalties for failing the quest remain true to a usual quest:
|The Orcish Hoard - b0b20y07|
[Quester's name] of Questers in [town] gave me the task of wiping out an orc band that makes it's home in [dungeon]. In particular I must get the leader, a certain Orc sergeant. I need to get back to [him/her] in [x] days or [he/she] will assume I'm dead.
- A non-member Knight Order quest, Band of Orcs, has a very similar premise to this quest.
- NPCs have a variety of comments to make relating to the quest when asked for any news:
- "The orcs of [dungeon] are all but destroying normal caravan routes."
- "The [dungeon] orcs used to be fairly peaceful. They sure ain't anymore."
- "The [knightly order] saved [region] from the [dungeon] orcs. The hero was a [player's race] knight."
- "The orcs moved on, all on their own. But I bet that they'll be back."
|The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall – Knight Orders|
|Allies of Daggerfall||Knights of the Dragon • Knights of the Owl|
|Allies of Wayrest||Knights of the Flame • Knights of the Rose • Order of the Raven|
|Allies of Sentinel||Host of the Horn • Knights of the Hawk • Knights of the Wheel • Order of the Candle • Order of the Scarab|
|Non-member Quests||The Traitor • The Hunter • Band of Orcs • Pest Control|
|Member Quests||Rescue a Princess • Retribution • Crazed Orc Mercenary • The Orcish Hoard • The Orc Raids • Giant Raiding • Banish the Ghost • Eternal Rest|
|Elite Member Quests||The Dragonslayer • Invasion from Oblivion • Artifact of Power • The Army of the Undead • The Lost Artifact|
|Services||Quester • Seneschal • Smith|