Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Pale is one of the nine Holds of Skyrim. It is one of the four oldest holds in Skyrim, known collectively as Old Holds. Its unique shape resembles that of a boot. Its coat of arms is a four pointed star.
The Pale is located in the central northern area of Skyrim and extending to the northern coast where Dawnstar is situated. The hold borders Hjaalmarch to the west, Whiterun to the south, and Winterhold and Eastmarch to the east. Most of the region is treacherously cold with pine forests that stand facing the harsh winds whipping down the mountains. Only in the southernmost part of the hold towards Whiterun does the harsh terrain abate and become grassy plains.
- Blizzard Rest
- Pale Stormcloak Camp
- Pale Imperial Camp
- Red Road Pass
- Stonehill Bluff
- Tumble Arch Pass
Nordic Ruins / TombsEdit
- Tower of Mzark
- Raldbthar – Blackreach Elevator
- Alftand – Blackreach Elevator
Ships and ShipwrecksEdit
- Horker Standing Stones
- Sunken Treasures
- Bandit's Hovel
- Dragon Mound: Sea Shore Foothills
- Barnacle Boat
- Bandit Camp (Dawnstar)
- Dawnstar Frost Troll Den
- Shoreline Lover's Tent
- A Bloody Trail
- Shrine of Mara: Pale Border
- Mammoth Graveyard
- Dragon Mound: Shimmermist Hills
- Julianos' Fallen
- Yorgrim Forest Spider Trap
- Wayward Peak Summit
- Dragon Mound: Yorgrim Resurrection
Homestead (Hearthfire Add-on)Edit
- Heljarchen Hall, located in the snowy tundras of The Pale.
- The version of the map of Skyrim in the image above labels the Pale as "White Shore"; this was presumably Bethesda's original name for the Hold. In the Russian localization, this Hold is still named "Белый Берег" (Beliy Bereg "White Shore").
|Cities||Dawnstar • Falkreath • Markarth • Morthal • Riften • Solitude • Whiterun • Windhelm • Winterhold|
|Holds||Eastmarch • Falkreath Hold • Haafingar • Hjaalmarch • The Pale |
The Reach • The Rift • Winterhold Hold • Whiterun Hold